ssh scp and my Droid X

Reaction score
I initially started trying to create AND execute scripts on my Droid. But I found that using the better terminal emulator I can ssh to my computer at home just fine (ubuntu) so writing progs on my own computer using vi right over ssh is working beautifully but usint vi without an easilly accessible ctrl key at the least is a pain but the lack of cursor keys is the killer. Writing scripts on a txt editor made for the Droid (touchqode for example) and than running them using my own computer via ssh seems the best solution. I just now have to figure out how to get the txt file I write on my phone while im out and about onto my linux computers hd at home. Email is nice but I couldn't run it untill I get home and download it. Then im already home so it erases its own purpose. I could email it than use the built in remote desktop app on linux and download it off of gmail via remote desktop. However a simple scp command would seem to be the optimal solution here. My question is can an unrooted phone scp a file and what would be the command because the ssh command is blocked without root. However I found an ssh app that makes it possible so maybe there's an scp app out there for just this purpose that someone knows about??? Sorry for writing a book just wanted to explain my situation

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

miso@touchqode

Reaction score
Hi

I do not use SCP on android but I would suggest an alternative approach.
I personally use dropbox for this case - having my project folder synchronized with dropbox on desktop lets me work on the latest version from mobile phone.
On the phone I just start the dropbox app and use it as file browser to navigate to files I want to open and edit in touchqode.
There is a writeup about the setup on http://www.touchqode.com/faq.htm#synchro
Other users are successfully using FTP/SFTP via external clients like AndFTP.

Michal
touchqode.com

OP

Reaction score
I believe that this is the second time you've helped me. Thank you so much that's going to be sick if I can get my phone syncd to a folder on my desktop. Going to read that writeup now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App