Squeaky back plate

Goonit

Reaction score
Anybody else noticing the back plate is becoming a little squishy / creaky / squeaky on their nexus?

My nexus is naked, and I just noticed it today. If you press on the back player just under the camera where the Verizon 4G logo is, it definitely feels like the battery cover is not flush against the components it is covering (since the back is a pretty flimsy plastic).

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, and I apologize if anybody else finds out that their phone does this too and it absolutely annoys the cap out of you. And if you had already noticed it, are you just dealing with it, did you take it back to a store, or did a case 'fix' it for you. I've been wanting to get a case but I'm having trouble finding one that I like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Capone76

Reaction score
Yes I have the extended battery which comes with a different battery door that is not flush and doesn't lay flat around camera. Very unattractive. And annoying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had no problem with the standard battery door and now the extended is just fine also. In fact the extended makes the phone look sleeker - gets rid of the little hump.

Capone76

Reaction score
Maybe some of the back plates are cut to wrong size. Mine don't lay flush. It is snapped in good though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. And I just put my TV on mute and pushed down on every possible spot on the backplate, dead silence.