Sprint ad knocking VZW data throttling?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
very good point sorry i missed that, does anyone notice a throttle on VZW?
as being promised unlimited data and not speeds, can you really expect to stay under 2gb using the phone as advertised...why move to a 4G phone if you cannot fully utilize it.

yeah it sucks for those who use their data legitimately, and that number will go up as more people get 4G phones, but we don't know what Verizon considers "heavy usage", could be high as 10GB a month or low as 3GB, it's all speculation and we also don't know how low they throttle speeds. I've never been throttled, but then I've only hit 1GB once I think, if that...

Verizon probably starts throttling data users at around 10-30 gbs a month, using 1-5 gbs a month is not that much data, I know someone who used 127 gbs of data in one month so you really shouldn't worry about throttling unless your starting to hit over 10 gb's a month. When my area gets LTE and I get my new phone, I'm probably going to be averaging anywhere from 10-30 gb's. Delicious full HD netflix streaming to any TV I want through my phone. Sounds too perfect.
Edit:^^ worse phone selection on sprint? Verizon has the worst android phone lineup in the US in my opinion. You have the choice of power on a slower 3g network, or you have single cores on the faster 4g network. At least on sprint you get the best of both worlds. Even if their 4g is crap.

Verizon's phones have always sucked compared to the competition. Just recently they aren't sucking as bad.

CM74DX