sports app

silverjk2007

Reaction score
I am looking for a great app that will give me updated sports scores from numerous leagues, both college and professional.

Any suggestions?

suzukimethod

Reaction score
an unexpected positive (or negative, depending on how you see it) - is you can specify favorite teams in sportsTap, and when they have a game, it auto-launches a score notification in the notifications pane. handy, i suppose.

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
Another vote for Sports Tap, although today it stopped working, had to force quit, uninstall and reinstalled.
Also, sometimes the app doesn't update my alerts all the time.

noles200

Reaction score
Another vote for Sports Tap, although today it stopped working, had to force quit, uninstall and reinstalled.

I second that. Don't know why but it is terrible today. Maybe it's because there are so many more people buying android devices. :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

wolf1306

Reaction score
try pro football , a bit slow but worth it , especialy that it updates every 15 seconds lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good app for hockey scores updates? Coming from BB (RIM being Canadian) hockey scores were easy to come by... any such luck with the DROID? I scoured the Market but nothing caught my eye.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting, same thing happened to me today too. The app stopped working. However, I did not uninstall it, but eventually it was working again. It was around like 3:00 p.m. when people were probably all on looking to see what their favorite NFL team scores were.....or they could all have been on the Nascar one looking to see how Jimmy Johnson was doing (not).

Big D

Reaction score
I have both Pro Football and Sports Tap.

Both are awesome.

longboat

Reaction score
I started requesting new apps for us sports junkies. I encourage you all to do it and maybe we will be surprised!
Here is the response I just received from the Sporting news:

Message: How about an app for all of us with the Motorola Droid running
android 2.0? Please!!!!!!

Dear Member,

We are looking into it and hopefully will have one soon.

Thanks,
Jacob
Sportingnews.com
Member Services

Tierlifer

Reaction score
Ya know, I bought my Droid Thursday and knew with football Sunday i needed an app to keep track of my fantasy team and was directed to get Sports Tap based on this forum and a few others.....anyways, it was terrible yesterday and I though maybe that's just how this thing is. But I guess alot of people had some issues with it but I was terribly unimpressed using it the first day. Hopefully it gets better as it's highly recommended so maybe it was just an off day? Or like you suggested, that it's getting more popular and was slow yesterday?

Hope they fix whatever it was because I was on the brink of deleting it.

Leastbay

Reaction score
Yeah Sports tap has been having some problems. I did get an update yesterday and another today. Im hoping its gonna be fixed now.