speed dial question

IrisOriginals

Reaction score
I've had my Razr M since April and I love it, but now I'm stumped. On one of my home screens I put 3 direct dials - it's the picture icon from their contact. If I touch it it immediately dials their number. I want to add a couple more and unfortunately do not remember how I got those on there. :blink:

I've read every tutorial and forum post I could find - nothing works. Please forgive me if this info is on the forum somewhere - I surely couldn't find it.

The Direct Dial widget apparently doesn't work on my phone - it tells me there's not enough room on my home screen (which is an empty screen).

If I go to the contact and tell it to all to my home screen - it does, but if I click on their icon it simply brings up their contact info and I have to click again to call them.

Does anyone have any idea how I accomplished this the first time around???

Thanks in advance...

Iris

WillisD

Reaction score
Open your app drawer go to widgets, find the direct dial 1x1 press and hold it, then drag where you want it and select your contact

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
On my S4, long pressing on the home screen then choosing shortcuts, then direct dial, you can add the contact. Worked the same way on my Bionic. With the S3, you have to go to the particular contact then long press on that contact, the direct dial option should be the last option, hit that and it should be added to your home screen.

The direct dial with android device is usually one of these two options.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
I

IrisOriginals

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but I'd already done both of those things. Apparently I didn't explain that well enough.

I can add a shortcut by going to their contact - the last option on the little menu is to add to home page - however, when it's added that way it requires two clicks - one to go to their contact info then one to make the call. Apparently that doesn't activitate the direct dial widget.

So - onto the direct dial widget - when I go to the widget, hold it down and 'put' it on my home screen (I've tried using all 3 screens - one is totally empty) it tells me "no more room on this home page".

So, one more try before I tell ya'll this just didn't work - I rebooted the phone (shut it off and back on - I know with the computer when all else fails reboot). Walla - it worked, I have my direct dial shortcuts on the home screen I wanted. Don't know why I didn't think of rebooting before.

Anyway - thank you so much for your replies, and at this point I have the numbers I need on the screen.