Speed Dial Call Numbers

gclone

Reaction score
Yes, there is a way to set up a short cut, and yes there are speed dial apps.

But the fact is, you can press and hold "1" and dial voicemail, so surely there must be a way to program the other keys to dial the number of your choice.

Has anyone figured this out?

bakerlegal

Reaction score
How can you add other numbers after the phone number like password, or extension number, etc. Had this on my BB. Anybody figure this out? Thanks.

buenos

Reaction score
Here's my way....

Use application dock widget (it takes a whole row, so clear so space then you can move it)

Use which ever short cut you want for our contact (i use contact, cause then i have options for call, text, email)

put the short cut on desktop, then drag to application dock.

You can put a whole bunch in the application dock, but just depends how much you want to scroll. (Just gently swipe left/right to scroll through contacts

You can now call, text, email, with 1 swipe and 2 clicks

You can also put apps in here, and use multiple application docks!!

You an move the app dock once you have it as you like by clicking and holding the left edge of the dock..took my forever to 'accidently' figure this out...

bradleyls103

Reaction score
But the fact is, you can press and hold "1" and dial voicemail, so surely there must be a way to program the other keys to dial the number of your choice.

I agree and want the same thing. I still like the original number speed dial that most phones have the best. Need a update or app for it.

Brad

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a way to set up a short cut, and yes there are speed dial apps.

No but I don't get why people want this. How is going into the phone app any faster than a direct dial icon? I guess I'm just threadcrapping...

In any case, I bet there will be an app if there isn't one already. That's one great thing about Android.

Last edited: