Speed Dial Call Numbers

Audiophobe

Reaction score
On my old phone I could set up freq. called #'s with a speed dial # i.e. if I dial # 3 it would call one of my kids.
How do I set thatup on the Droid?

seabass

Reaction score
This might not be the solution you're looking for, but you can add frequent contacts to your "Favorites". Then when you go into phone mode, click "Favorites" on the top and they'll be in there.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Understood.
But this phone should certainly be capable of speed dial if old "dumbphones" are!

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
Long press on home screen
shortcuts
direct dial
choose your contact and which number

Boom, you have a one press shortcut that will speed dial that contact.

justin8338

Reaction score
Yeah I use one of my screens as a launch for favorite text and call people, it's a pretty slick feature.

fliggyg

Reaction score
i use a app called "easy dial"... Works perfectly as speed dial and speed txt... Its really a cool app and its FREE...

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
shortcuts
direct dial

Now that's good!
How did you learn that?
Thanks!

Surso

Reaction score
shortcuts
direct dial

Dude. Good call. Nough said.

papatar

Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to work on my droid. i can go to menu > add > shortcuts > direct dial and it lets me put an shortcut on the home screen for each number i choose but that's not really what i wanted to do. How can i remove shortcuts or move them to a new location on my home screen? thanks

kegstand

Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to work on my droid. i can go to menu > add > shortcuts > direct dial and it lets me put an shortcut on the home screen for each number i choose but that's not really what i wanted to do. How can i remove shortcuts or move them to a new location on my home screen? thanks

Press and hold on the direct dial number you want to move. It should grab it then move it to wherever you want. Also note that the window shade at the bottom will change to a trash can to drag it there and delete the shortcut.

To move it to another screen (left or right) go to the edge and kind of hover there it will move over.

Last edited:

papatar

Reaction score
i no sooner posted my previous reply when i stumbled upon the answer to my question of moving / removing shortcuts. still can't seem to set up speed dialing though.

kegstand

Reaction score
Click and hold on an empty portion of your main screen, should pop up "Shortcuts" "Widgets" blah blah.

Click Shortcuts then Direct Dial and pick your contact.