Speech/voice recognition.

CHP

Reaction score
Hello. I have been loving GummyJAR and all of its blurlessness, but there is one thing I do miss. There is no voice recognition! Say, I wanted to speak instead of type a text message, I can't do that. Is there a way I could add this in or would I have to switch to a different ROM for this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved this into the GummJar thread. Quite honestly I have to say that if a ROM doesn't have this feature I wouldn't use it. I'm sure there's an explanation though so lets see what they have to say.

REARless

Reaction score
Hello. I have been loving GummyJAR and all of its blurlessness, but there is one thing I do miss. There is no voice recognition! Say, I wanted to speak instead of type a text message, I can't do that. Is there a way I could add this in or would I have to switch to a different ROM for this?

You need to install the Google "Voice Search" from the market.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks for answering that REARless!!!!

OP
C

CHP

Reaction score

Thanks for answering that REARless!!!!

Thank you guys both. I honestly had no idea of where to start looking for this. :p

wheeldawg

Reaction score
Hate to bring up an old thread, but my problem is related.
I had the same issue, but since I use GV instead of stock this app doesn't work out. It only works inside the stock messaging app and to do a web search.
Is there a way to get this to type universally, or will I need another app?