Speech to Text Question

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
I just ordered my DI on 6/11 :icon_ banana: and of course, I thought of a question well after I left the store. I was wondering if the Speech to Text option will work through a Bluetooth headset, so that I can use it in the car.

pyro6128

Reaction score
hes asking if you can type things out like text messages by using speech to text through his bluetooth headset. Not how to bluetooth dial. That being said, sorry, I don't know the answer

kmo

Reaction score
OK thanks for the translation, guess I should have my coffee first before posting in the early morning.

OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
It's fine, hopefully 2.2 will allow me to use speech to text over bluetooth, I am already planning on getting the BlueAnt Q1 headset so it can read them to me while driving. Guess I'll have to play around a little when I get the phone. Should know more about shipping tomorrow (According to the VZW rep.)

theecigarman

Reaction score
I have been using the moto h17txt and motospeak with a droid and I am able to use speech to text as well as text to speech. Also, the moto website says that the motospeak is compatible with the incredible. I really am hoping this is true as I am expecting mine any day!!

I am also able to use the google translate with no problems using the same set up.

Last edited:
OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
I have been using the moto h17txt and motospeak with a droid and I am able to use speech to text as well as text to speech. Also, the moto website says that the motospeak is compatible with the incredible. I really am hoping this is true as I am expecting mine any day!!

I am also able to use the google translate with no problems using the same set up.

You are able to use both over Bluetooth? When your Incredible arrives would you be willing to give it a try for me?

theecigarman

Reaction score
2010 zr1,
I will be more than happy to post my results. Once the incredible arrives, it will be one of the first things I test.