Speech To Text in Messaging

rjksa

Reaction score
I read to hold down the text box and a 'Source' option will appear. It suggested an option for Droid Keyborad AND Speech To Text would appear. Has anyone used a Speech to Text within the Messaging feature. Thx

scottg22

Reaction score
I do not see a speech to text option for after long press on the text boxes... only Android Keyboard.

I find it very hard to text with this phone... and speech to text would be great if it worked.

Do we need a widgetor 3rd party app to make Speech to Text ?

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I do not see a speech to text option for after long press on the text boxes... only Android Keyboard.

I find it very hard to text with this phone... and speech to text would be great if it worked.

Do we need a widgetor 3rd party app to make Speech to Text ?

YES!!! we do...

cmk325i

Reaction score
i use handcent for all my sms needs . it works great
chart

OP
R

rjksa

Reaction score
I have installed TalkToMe Keyboard for .99. I have been very pleased with the voice to text recognition. As mentioned on a previous post; however, either this or SMS app has taken away the feature that displays the display of potential words you are trying to type. I did like that featuer since I am not the fastest typer!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use handcent also, and its pretty much fantastic. If you talk like a robot it works extremely well, but pretty well with normal speech. It didn't have any problem with my redneck buddies.. the key is background noise levels and the volume of your voice. If you scream or whisper it won't work, but the box that pops up kinda shows where you stand on that. Just don't put it right up to your face and you will have great results!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Handcent....is_the_best SMS/MMS app out right now.

has speech to text and at least 40 other options<<<no exaggeration

RedBull

Reaction score
Handcent....is_the_best SMS/MMS app out right now.

has speech to text and at least 40 other options<<<no exaggeration

I have downloaded Handcent...and have been looking through the application and I'm not sure how to do the speech to text...can someone give me a pointer?

dj928

Reaction score
Sorry if someone already asked this, but now that I have handcent, I often get 2 IM messages, one in handcent and one in the messaging program that came with the phone. I also get an alert notification that doesn't go away when I read the msg with handcent. So I am constantly having to clear notifications after already responding to them. Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry if someone already asked this, but now that I have handcent, I often get 2 IM messages, one in handcent and one in the messaging program that came with the phone. I also get an alert notification that doesn't go away when I read the msg with handcent. So I am constantly having to clear notifications after already responding to them. Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks

To get rid of your text notifications from the android system, go to the messaging app (the default one), and go to the settings. Scroll down, and you will see an option to turn off notifications, this will stop you from getting double.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I have SMS Popup. I only get the voice to text option when I get the pop up of a new message. And it's recognition sux.

However, the voice google search recognition is great.

What's the difference?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have SMS Popup. I only get the voice to text option when I get the pop up of a new message. And it's recognition sux.

However, the voice google search recognition is great.

What's the difference?

software i believe