Special Ring Tones For Contacts

sddenizen

Reaction score
Is there a way to select ring tones from your music for contacts? I know that you can select a ring tone for the Droid from your music but I want to assign special ring tones (from my music) for family members.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes :D download Ringdroid from the market and you can clip your music to whatever you want. :D

dabierwasgood

Reaction score
Ringdroid is awesome for cutting/splicing music. But you should get an app called Ringo Pro. It allows you to set individual ringtones and SMS tones for your contacts. I love it and it works great! There is a cost for it. I don't know how much it was, just because it was worth it either way.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But you should get an app called Ringo Pro. It allows you to set individual ringtones and SMS tones for your contacts. I love it and it works great! There is a cost for it. I don't know how much it was, just because it was worth it either way.

wow dabier that's one great app!! you can change their pic, default led, default vibrate (both with MULTIPLE choices), sms and ringtone! you also have the option to send their call straight to voicemail. great find thanks :D

$4.99 is kind of steep but with all those options i think it's worth it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really don't need an app to assign ringtones to contacts if that's all you want. IIRC there may be an app to make all your music selectable as notifications. Otherwise you'd need to place what you want to use as notifications in your Notifications folder on your SD card.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use handcent for messaging I can change LED COLOR, and Notification tone for all contacts
then using the stock contact app I can change the ringtone and photo for any contact I can also send them right to voicemail

nice app for some one who refuses to use handcent

IMHO just sayin'

-=Jason=-

dabierwasgood

Reaction score
I tried handcent, and it just didn't do it for me. I tried it for a few days I preferred the stock messaging app over handcent.

And Corina I thought it was worth the $4.99 for what it had to offer. Although I did think it was a lot at first. I really do enjoy the app and it's worked out well for me! So it was worth it in the long run.