Speaker Crackling

Kas84

Reaction score
What's the deal with the D4's speaker crackling at higher volumes? Does anyone else notice this or did I just get a defective phone? It's really starting to annoy me and piss me off. The speaker on the D2 was flawless. This is unacceptable.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

pgreeny

Reaction score
My earpiece speaker blew. Luckily i was still in my 30 day return period at BB so i got a new phone today. I think my original one was bad from the start because this one is much more clear. Idk though. Got to the point where the speaker phone and earpiece was horrible.

shoeski

Reaction score
My first D4 speaker was the same way. Took it back and they replaced it. New one is much better.

dsw1519

Reaction score
My speaker does the same thing. Very annoying. I'm going to take it back and get a new phone.

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
My speaker does the same thing. Very annoying. I'm going to take it back and get a new phone.

You might not need to. I have a feeling it is just a bad speaker. Try changing the audio settings. I think it was stock set to enhance bass, so I changed mine and it is hardly noticeable anymore.

dsw1519

Reaction score
You might not need to. I have a feeling it is just a bad speaker. Try changing the audio settings. I think it was stock set to enhance bass, so I changed mine and it is hardly noticeable anymore.

Great tip - thanks. I changed the sound settings and it seems significantly better. I'll use it this way for a little while and see if this has truly cured the problem.

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Great tip - thanks. I changed the sound settings and it seems significantly better. I'll use it this way for a little while and see if this has truly cured the problem.

Nice. Glad I could help.

New Daddy

Reaction score

Where is this setting? I can't find it in Menu-Settings-Sound.

amishdude01

Reaction score
As Kas84 said, try balanced. when you get to "media audio effects", go to "wired stereo devices", then make sure "enable audio effects" is enabled, select "Effects profile", then "Custom" , Then you can click "equalizer" and select your balanced setting from there.

New Daddy

Reaction score
As Kas84 said, try balanced. when you get to "media audio effects", go to "wired stereo devices", then make sure "enable audio effects" is enabled, select "Effects profile", then "Custom" , Then you can click "equalizer" and select your balanced setting from there.

I found it! Thanks!

Reaction score
Trying to make the best of a bad situation until we get fastboot and/or an ICS rom. Thanks for the sound tip.

That is some real tech support, Kas84.

Cheers!

;)

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Trying to make the best of a bad situation until we get fastboot and/or an ICS rom. Thanks for the sound tip.

That is some real tech support, Kas84.

Cheers!

;)

Don't mention it. Glad I could help you out.

jj89074

Reaction score
My first Droid 4 had some "crackling speaker" issues so I had Verizon send me a replacement.

The first replacement's speaker was totally worthless (could not even hear the Verizon voice mail lady) so I had them send me another replacement.

I got the third phone yesterday, and immediately set the equalizer to "vocalize" and turned the volume down...works great!

I think many of the speaker issues are due to Motorola choosing to use "bass punch" for the default setting and people turning the volume way-up to hear a person's voice. The default setting should be for voice...it's a god damned phone for Christ's sake not a stereo.