Speaker crackling

Wrigley25

Reaction score
Maybe my phone is just terrible (I have already voiced many concerns with my battery life), but I have also had some crackling coming from my speaker during certain ringtones and video. Anyone else notice this?

ItsMeKO3

Reaction score
Mine does this also. I haven't noticed it during any videos or while talking on speaker phone though. The only time I've heard it doing this has been while I was using Voxer.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

amishdude01

Reaction score
Mine does it as well. It seems like just on calls. It will be good for one hour and then the next its horrible. I asked people on the phone if they can hear the crackling and they said yes. It might be a network problem? Ive been meaning to take it back and get it exchanged for another d4 but i havent had time.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Us D3 users have the same issue. Probably using the same crappy speaker

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

amishdude01

Reaction score
Us D3 users have the same issue. Probably using the same crappy speaker

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Its just weird that the person at the other end of the line can hear it as well which makes me believe its not the speaker. I can also hear it on speakerphone. Maybe its a coincidence that mine crackles as well. Could be two completely different problems. Who knowssss

kpetonke

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed this a couple times. It randomly did it during a Skype call and then once on a regular call. Though it hasn't happend yet with playing music or during ringtones.. im assuming this will be covered under the 1 year manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

byroncole

Reaction score
I have noticed the cracking noise too... I dont think its the speaker because i hear it in the lapdock 500 as well

And i usually hear it when im watching netflix.

kau

Reaction score
same here

I notice it when I use it for a Skype call. Its pretty bad.