Droid 4's speaker phone bad or is it my phone?

New Daddy

Reaction score
Is Droid 4's speaker (phone) known to be of low quality? The sound coming from the speaker during a call is terrible. Even inferior to my previous phone, which was HTC Touch Pro 2.

Is it my copy of the phone, or is the speaker not a strong suit of Droid 4 in general?

snowman

Reaction score
mine really sucks I just did a search to see if anyone else has this also and came up with your post
bad when talking not on speaker phone. like the speaker is blown?

fingaz

Reaction score
Yeah, the speakerphone on the D4 is awesome! Now I don't have to hold the phone up to my ear... I can now hold it 6 inches away!

i.e. - the speakerphone sucks. I can hear music loud and clear with no problem, however, when I am talking to people on speaker phone, the sound is very low.

Is there anyway to hack the volume level for the speakerphone and make it louder?????

snowman

Reaction score
actually I went hunting for other post and found a pretty good fix from someone
kinda weird but it actually worked , put your lips tight to the speaker and lightly blow in and out
to sorta loosen the speaker and it seems like the sound has improved drastically , pretty wild eh
well a fix is a fix maybe do a warranty down the road to see if the new ones are better

kpoker

Reaction score
Yeah I would like to see what is going on with this also. Call volume and speaker volume are pretty bad compared to the D1

bamanoob

Reaction score
Re sound

Is Droid 4's speaker (phone) known to be of low quality? The sound coming from the speaker during a call is terrible. Even inferior to my previous phone, which was HTC Touch Pro 2.

Is it my copy of the phone, or is the speaker not a strong suit of Droid 4 in general?

I am having the same issue searched and found nothing so far I have no warranty so not sure what do to or if there is a fix.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
I've enjoyed great success with my Droid 4 speaker phone. I come from a Blackberry background; maybe theirs was not so great. But I use my Droid 4 speaker phone 2-3 times/week when I'm talking to someone and have to change some code on a website -- I'm no good at one hand typing -- yikes! So I use the speakerphone and have had no complaints.

kpoker

Reaction score
Must be someway to increase volume. Like phone otherwise for most part