Sound quality problems

DC9 Driver

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this has already been covered. I have had a Motorola Droid for about a month now. When I talk to someone on this phone, they often have trouble understanding me. The sound on the other end is distorted and of very poor quality. I have tried test calls and have found these sound quality complaints to be legitimate.

I noticed that the case I bought for this phone basically covers the opening for the microphone. There is a notch in the case that is apparently designed to create an opening for the microphone, but this notch is still below the actual opening for the microphone resulting in case material between my mouth and the microphone. It appears that all of the cases in the Verizon store have this same design with regards to the microphone. I have taken the case off the phone, and the sound quality definitely improves. It's still not great but it's closer to normal without the case.

Has anyone else run into this problem with this phone? I hate to use the phone without a case and lose the protection of the case. But it is also very frustrating having to constantly repeat what I say on this phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!