Sound Profiles

Badguy1

Reaction score
loving the phone so far 1 problem is not being able to custom set ringers and notifiers , would like to set the phone to only ring for phone calls at night not e mail or sms...looking for a quick option not something i have to go into 3 or 4 menus deep to do every night.The storm let u set for calls only. don't really want to shut down all vol. @ bedtime

garboy

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I could set my Storm for only calls at night...no alerts. I hope someone can figure this out or find an app that will allow customization.

OP
B

Badguy1

Reaction score
Exactly we can't be the only ones w/ this prob. I hope someone figures this out soon

garboy

Reaction score
I found these three posts elsewhere. I am going to try them to see if they work. Good Luck!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Market is your friend folks. I went into market and did a search for Profiles. I was given a list of many, but the first was named Quick profiles which creates custom ones. Have not tried it, but it is free and have good reviews. I am sure there are many others.

Just downloaded and tested it. You can literally change every setting imaginable. Ringer mode, volume, Media volume, Notification volume, Alarm volume, wifi, bluetooth, brightness and so on... worked great.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out Locale: Locale v0.69 beta Application for Android | Tools

It allows you to create
profiles based on certain conditions (time, location, calendar events, etc...) and then it will activate them when the conditions are met. For example I have a condition for when I get home that turns my ringer on loud and turns the Wi-Fi on.

I use it ALL the time and it amazes me every time.

I downloaded Quick Profile. It works great. I put it on my home screen and I can quickly change from Loud, Low and Vibrate. (You create as many profiles as you want, name them and customize them)

Jef

Reaction score
Note on Locale page says, that it has problems with the Droid as of 11/8

garboy

Reaction score
I saw that but it is only the location/GPS function that is not working properly. I just configured it without using that part of it and it is working fine. Plus, look at all the add-ins available for it. Pretty cool!

OP
B

Badguy1

Reaction score
Thanks garboy the quick profiles app works really well I set up a 3 profiles day, night, and quiet times. :)

thebeen

Reaction score
** bump **

i am also a recent blackberry user who switched over. Profiles is a great application, but I would like a few more advanced controls -- please let me know if there is an app that can do this (i have tried to search market)

I want to set different notification sounds for calendar events, MAIL, and SMS. I also want the ability to have my phone calls RING AND VIBRATE, while my SMS and/or mail is only on vibrate.

The blackberries are super customizable on terms of profiles, being able to set any custom notification to any option on the phone (bbm, sms, mms, calendar, email). I would definitely like, and NEED this functionality on my droid!

thanks!!