Sound problem or glitch?

Raydee35

Reaction score
Anytime I turn the sound off on my Razr and them turn it back on any media I try to play is silent. The ring tones work just fine but if I try to play music or watch a YouTube video there is no sound until I reboot the phone. Any idea if this is a known problem.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
Raydee35 said:
Anytime I turn the sound off on my Razr and them turn it back on any media I try to play is silent. The ring tones work just fine but if I try to play music or watch a YouTube video there is no sound until I reboot the phone. Any idea if this is a known problem.

I have the same problems, but it's not consistent. Sometimes if I go into sounds, volumes and play with ring tone, and then with media, it will work. I think it's a glitch that I hope gets fixed with JB.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It is indeed a known problem.. happened with ics. Another fox is to go into settings, sound, volumes, tap on your ringtone and once it starts to play, then tap on the media volume(top) and it will kick in...

This is annoying and gets on my nerves too... but it's all I've got.. hope this helps.

jaye712

Reaction score
I thought it was jst the phone..yes,it is pretty annoying

RAZR215unrooted

JohnFH

Reaction score
I had this sound issue with my Razr. I did a factory data reset after I noticed this problem. No sound drops now.

JohnFH

Reaction score
This sound issue occurred again yesterday. I cleared the cache, which solved the problem.

JohnFH

Reaction score
blackterry said:
Same problem here and it sucks.. !!

I agree! I hope that we get a software update with bug fixes soon.

texasbred78

Reaction score
I have also noticed this problem. Annoying, but so far I can remedy it by going to home screen and pressing volume up until phone beeps at Max. It will show as the volume for phone calls and afterwards, media's sound works correctly.

jaye712

Reaction score
Pandora or my dl music,for example:while lisoning,sometimes the song starts tripin,like how a cd gets scratched,repeats of it.other then that my update with the volume :haven't had any issues lately but forsure its not fixed n gonna happen agian

RAZR215unrooted

punchbooger

Reaction score

It might be a software issue. Try uninstalling any kid-related apps that may lock functionality on your phone (e.g. Zoodles, toddler lock). I had the same issue, and when I uninstalled all kid related apps and restarted my phone, my sound turned back on.