Sound Issue when laying down in bed

coreteck

Reaction score
Has anyone else when laying down in bed and talking on the phone been told by the other party that they cant hear you and that you keep dropping out. I'm constantly being told this when laying in my bed and talking on the phone. I have to sit up or move the phone around and then they can hear me. I know that i am not covering the mic.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only two things I do in bed, and talking on the phone isn't one of them
bf.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. I haven't had that issue happen when lounging out on the couch. Good luck finding the answer. If there is one, it's probably here!

Switchback

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes I have had this issue, when the phone is in wierd angles. Not sure what causes it.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Yea I have this issue too. Just today in fact, I was napping and took a phone call only for the other person to say they couldnt here me. I was on my back.

coretech

Reaction score
well it sounds like something that moto needs to fix. i hate having to keep shifting around every few minutes when i cut out. anyone else notice this at all?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had this issue too... only while laying in bed and I happen to answer the phone.... I've never heard this complaint while out of bed though.... weird.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Same issue here as well. It doesn't really make any sense why it would be happening. I even tried taking my case off and it didn't help.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
never experienced it myself although I have had problems when "shoulder talking" (holding the phone against my cheek with my shoulder to go hands free for a moment). Sounds like the mic is fairly directional and you are holding it slightly different in bed than you otherwise would. Or you could just be crazy... who knows? :)

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
why is everyone blaming the droid?

i blame the bed

jhanasik

Reaction score
Yea, I am having the same problem. When I cradle the phone with my shoulder everyone says my voice is garbled until I grab the phone again with my hand. Very strange.

rp683

Reaction score
I get the same issue... If I'm laying on my back and the phone is "upside down" meaning, the mic is facing the ceiling nobody can hear me. They all say, "Hello? Are you there? I can't hear you" but I hear them fine. Second Droid, same issue..

coretech

Reaction score
I'm going to do some tests to find out what position the phone has to be in to have this happen. it doesn't make sense. When someone tells me they can't hear me I keep the phone in the same position held to my ear and sit up and it just starts working again. My bed does suck, but I'm gonna rule that out

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
be interesting to see if the position of the phone does affect the mic.

rp683

Reaction score
Maybe has something to do with the accelerometer?