Sound does not always work since ICS update

navigator

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Let the battery drain and the phone shut down...like the ole pull the battery trick. Plugged it back in, recharged and the sound worked. Nothing like a hightech solution.

maaybraak

Reaction score
I posted on this thread a couple weeks back when I was on the .232 leak about experiencing this sound issue. I've made from .232 to .235 and then to .238, and the problem has persisted. I REALLY hope they have this worked out by the time the OTA comes out...IF it ever comes out that is.

Sent from my ICED .238 Bionic Using Tapatalk 2

jaye712

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I had seen that problem happen a few times on my phone when I first went to ICS, honestly I have not tested it since I went to .215. You are not alone though, it is a known issue with ICS.

I agree..i noticed it back n forth also befour 215 n i didnt test it either.i thought it was just a random thing.guess its a problem

EDITED:yep,ics problem.sometimes my calls dnt come threw,even with music,(dont wrk sometimes n sometimes it doesn't stop,it skips n sounds like a scratched cd,with how loud i got my music,my ear drums r in pain for a moment lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Last edited:

bionicdr

Reaction score
I also have intermittent sound issues, no alerts and sometimes no calls. Today I had no gps voice after to ally resolving 2 voices.
I went into text to voice settings and made svox speak the sample and the maps worked.

I was concerned last night as I had to take daughter to airport and sound was not working on my podcast. Had to restart phone and play with it. As a back up I had second alarm set for 5am but that was a droid bionic with gngbread

Will follow thread and wait for fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

shawn4057

Reaction score
speaker problems

I'm having another problem since the ICS update. My sound does not always work. I will go to play a video on YouTube etc. and no sound. I always check to see if the sound is actually on and it is. I did a factory reset already and cleared the phones cache. I also updated to the .215 leak and still same problems. The only way i have found to get the sound working is to turn the phone off then back on. It's happening more often and getting really annoying. Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem.

I to have this problem.what I do is plug in a head phone jack then unplug it.it clears it up but it id really annoying.