Since ics update my signal keeps dropping.

Olivia

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to keep my signal from dropping? Since i updated to ics, it goes in and out. I had posted something like this a week ago and was shown how to keep it in only 3g mode. I thought that maybe it was switching between 3 and 4g may have been problem but its not. I used top get great signal at work and home, now i only get 2 to 3 bars and it drops all the time. I'll be on the internet and it will say to retry because there is no connection. I have wiped the cache on the phone and did a factory data reset. None had helped me at all.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try powering off the device, and removing the sim, power on the device.. power off the device and reinsert the sim, power back on... you might also need want to think about getting a new sim card.. its free... and might help :)

But a lot of us are having data drops...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Thanks so much Sydman. I will try the .215 leak.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks so much Sydman. I will try the .215 leak.

No problem at all, that is of course not to say that what 94LT1 said should not be tried first. If that does not help you though the leak is of course another option. I got a new SIM card for unrelated reasons and I am on the .215 leak and I have not noticed my phone dropping a signal at all where it would daily before.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine is dropping signal right now ... I'm tethered and I'm getting freakin 1x :mad:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My internet is down at my place, I think my hub has taken a dump, all the lights are blinking on it and I gots no internet, so I fired up the tether and I'm only getting 1x ... WTH?? :mad:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You know I tried using tether the other day and my computer could connect to it but got no internet. I can try again to see if it will work.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well this time it connected and got internet, only running 1.81mps down and .50mps up on 3G only mode.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I have been reading many threads lately about data drops. Totally clueless as to what's causing them. When I first got my RAZR, dropped like crazy. After .181 signal has been stone cold locked on. Switches between 3g and 4g are smooth and seamless. The really strange part of this is I live in El Paso Texas. Its like the rear orifice of Texas here. Most people would use a rotary phone if they could find one. Perhaps it is geographically based problem. A mountain splits the city. But the signal is great everywhere in the city. I li e within the city limits, not in the burbs. Very strange. Hopefully Verizon gets it straightens out. I remember what the constant drops were like. Almost broke my phone in half several times.
Another thing that surprises me is the fact that Mexico is close enough that I can throw rocks and hit houses over there. The reason this is important is that Mexico does not restrict operating frequency power. They are not limit to any wattage caps. Yet I get no interference and stellar signal.

ted1

Reaction score
If you have a task killer installed get rid of it i had juice defender killed my signal all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums