Sound Clarity Sucks on new Bionic...

Azamat_Bagatov

Reaction score
I got the Bionic to replace my Droid X (which had excellent call clarity) only to find out calls on this phone sound distorted and blurred both on both ends. I connected a jabra earphone/mic device to the phone and clarity on the receiving end is much better. My dad who also had the Droid X and now has the Droid 2 says that his phone sucks too in the call clarity department. My dad said that when I use the Jabra, which is a short little earpiece about 5 inches away from my mouth, he can hear me much better than when I am talking directly into the phone. How can that be?

Besides that, the battery life on the Bionic is terrible. It lasts about 5 hours for me, without charging. I think the Droid 2 looks sexier as well.

All in all... not that impressed with the Droid Bionic. Many of the things I liked in the original droid are now gone. Like the sturdy feeling is not that sturdy anymore. They placed the phone charger plug at the bottom left of the phone. Why do that? My old droid used to sit comfortably in my cup holder while charging, with the audio jack pumping music through the Aux in my car. Now, I have to lay the droid flat on something in my car because there is no way the phone can sit in a cup holder while the charger is plugged into it. This was so dumb on their part. So dumb.

Well I don't think there's much anyone can tell me to change my mind about this phone. It is not a phone, it is a PDA device with phone capabilities. The phoneliness was lost somewhere along the way. I'm going to return it and get a refund and use my Droid X, because as a phone, it does it's job much better than the Bionic.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
My call clarity on the Bionic is the best I've ever had with a phone. I've seen quite a few posts of other people reporting the same as me.

And as to the phone not really being a phone, welcome to the future. I can see more and more devices being developed where the phone function is secondary. We now live in a society where we feel the need to carry around mini personal computers which is basically what the Bionic is.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I got the Bionic to replace my Droid X (which had excellent call clarity) only to find out calls on this phone sound distorted and blurred both on both ends. I connected a jabra earphone/mic device to the phone and clarity on the receiving end is much better. My dad who also had the Droid X and now has the Droid 2 says that his phone sucks too in the call clarity department. My dad said that when I use the Jabra, which is a short little earpiece about 5 inches away from my mouth, he can hear me much better than when I am talking directly into the phone. How can that be?

Besides that, the battery life on the Bionic is terrible. It lasts about 5 hours for me, without charging. I think the Droid 2 looks sexier as well.

All in all... not that impressed with the Droid Bionic. Many of the things I liked in the original droid are now gone. Like the sturdy feeling is not that sturdy anymore. They placed the phone charger plug at the bottom left of the phone. Why do that? My old droid used to sit comfortably in my cup holder while charging, with the audio jack pumping music through the Aux in my car. Now, I have to lay the droid flat on something in my car because there is no way the phone can sit in a cup holder while the charger is plugged into it. This was so dumb on their part. So dumb.

Well I don't think there's much anyone can tell me to change my mind about this phone. It is not a phone, it is a PDA device with phone capabilities. The phoneliness was lost somewhere along the way. I'm going to return it and get a refund and use my Droid X, because as a phone, it does it's job much better than the Bionic.

Its stupid to say the Bionic is a PDA. Its a smartphone just like your Droid X.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
A

Azamat_Bagatov

Reaction score
Yeah, I've read that a lot too. A lot of people say that it's the best call quality they had in a phone. But I wonder how many of these people had a Droid X as their first droid? The volume alone at maximum is about 75% of that on the Droid X. My mother has an old LG (about 6 years old) that has better call quality than both my phone and my dad's. BTW I'm in the Los Angeles area. I used to live in Pittsburgh a few months ago, and the call quality was much better overall there. I still think the Bionic could have had a better speaker and mic.