Sorting contact problem

mike93364

Reaction score
I recently switched from a droid 1 to a Droid X and have a problem with my contacts. How can I sort and display them by last name? The option that was there on my old Droid is not there on the X.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
mike93364

mike93364

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. That is just the most common way to sort contacts. Who was the idiot at Motorola that forgot that one?

So, what are some other apps that will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. That is just the most common way to sort contacts. Who was the idiot at Motorola that forgot that one?

So, what are some other apps that will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

Is it the most common way? Meh...just call me uncommon then...:)

Annnnyway, back to your predicament...:D

If I am not mistaken, cant you log into your Google Account online and sort the contacts Last Name, First Name, and then sync back to your phone that way?

OP
mike93364

mike93364

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea of sorting on Google. Except they already were - I just checked. I wish this was easier.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea of sorting on Google. Except they already were - I just checked. I wish this was easier.

Well...that does suck..

Sorry, that was my one idea on this issue...but I will dig around and see if I can come up with something else...

OP
mike93364

mike93364

Reaction score
Well I did some searching and I found some information from Verizon - I'm SOL on this issue, unless I want to change all 400+ contacts by switching their names around manually. Not the answer I wanted, but an answer.
Are there other apps that are better than the stock contact manager that well do this?