Sorting and Filtering in the Market

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick question here, and I will go ahead and apologize up front if this has been asked/ answered before. I have looked, but so far I haven’t been able to find an answer to a question after going though 10 pages of threads. Anyway is there a way to sort and filter apps in the Market? I get so tired of searching for something and run across “My New Hot Babes App”. Is there a way to sort of Blacklist a developer to where I will not see their apps (unless I wanted to)?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick question here, and I will go ahead and apologize up front if this has been asked/ answered before. I have looked, but so far I haven’t been able to find an answer to a question after going though 10 pages of threads. Anyway is there a way to sort and filter apps in the Market? I get so tired of searching for something and run across “My New Hot Babes App”. Is there a way to sort of Blacklist a developer to where I will not see their apps (unless I wanted to)?

Won't solve your problem completely, but take a look at AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market. Provides a much better search capability and can be linked to an app on your phone to (a) download apps you want and (b) track the apps on your phone for later reference and reloading.

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it, but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Will I still get updates though the market if I download something from there? Or is AppBrain like a different interface for the market?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it, but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Will I still get updates though the market if I download something from there? Or is AppBrain like a different interface for the market?

It's the latter. Just a way of exploring the market. Downloading "from" AppBrain just provides an interface to the Market. But if you select apps to be downloaded from AppBrain on your computer, using the appbrain app on your droid will synchronize with that list and take you to the appropriate spot in the Market for the download.

The best use I've found for the site/app combo is to load my wife's new droid with a selection of about 40 apps from those that I had on my phone.

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Thankie sir you are a gentleman and a scholar! I have seen people talk about the app, and I have been to the website but never "downloaded" anything from there.