mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There must be a leak for that? :icon_eek:

Or maybe a battery pull will fix it, :blink:

Oh I hear a new OS is coming soon, :happy:

I am not going to miss any of that stuff :byestorm:

this about sums it up.... if a battery pull doesnt fix it you need to reinstall the OS... what a crapshoot

Or install some crappy leak. BB really had a great thing going, they just thought they could keep going with the same crap forever...

Right and think that's ok with the masses if you will. Now how about a half hearted attempt to make it right. I am hearing they are going to offer S1 users a 1 time "early" upgrade at $279 with a mir of $100 for the S2. Another poor decision IMHO

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 running 5.0 os. i love it, but the droid is going to be my next phone:biggrin:

just wanted to introduce myself to this awesome community and i can't wait to get my hands on the DROID!:D

How do you like 5.0 on your 8330? I have been reading up on how to do it but read of a few concerns, such as appworld not working (which I don't care about because it sucks). I would love to upgrade my BB's OS before I lock it away for good this Friday. It's always good to have a backup phone, and I still love me some Blackberry.

trickyricky

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I have a bbtour and LOVE it.. I cant believe how much the moto droid make my bb look like a samsung juke. I have been with bberry since the 7250. This is a major jump for me but I really think within 2 weeks i will forget my tour. I am not at all impressed with the camera though.. It is horrible compared to my 3.2 meg camera on my 9630. Wondering if the 2.1 update that google is working on will fix the grainy quality of the android. Looking forward to trying something new, Bberry is outdated and they dont change enough. new OS updates only mean a different theme. Going to the Droid Side!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. I have a bbtour and LOVE it.. I cant believe how much the moto droid make my bb look like a samsung juke. I have been with bberry since the 7250. This is a major jump for me but I really think within 2 weeks i will forget my tour. I am not at all impressed with the camera though.. It is horrible compared to my 3.2 meg camera on my 9630. Wondering if the 2.1 update that google is working on will fix the grainy quality of the android. Looking forward to trying something new, Bberry is outdated and they dont change enough. new OS updates only mean a different theme. Going to the Droid Side!

I've read that the update will fix the software side of things, but if you hear a clicking when taking a picture, it is hardware related and needs to be replaced with a new unit. I think everyone needs to be aware of this so that they can test their Droid out before leaving Best Buy or Verizon.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I was originally going to buy another BB (namely the Tour) a few months ago. But after realizing that RIM is using basically the same UI as the rest of their line up I cringed. The Icons, the lay out, the "textual" interface is boring to me. It was Great when I got my first BB but got boring quickly when I realized that BB's are limited. Im sure the 5.0 update will make them better than what I have used but I cant go back.

and I'll admit, I wan the "cool" :icon_ lala: factor in a phone and one that I can make mine and look the way I want, not the way the Manufacturing/Software Company wants. Im glad I wised up. Im a gadget freak and always will be. Anyone else gotta have the latest and greatest thing out?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to buy another BB (namely the Tour) a few months ago. But after realizing that RIM is using basically the same UI as the rest of their line up I cringed. The Icons, the lay out, the "textual" interface is boring to me. It was Great when I got my first BB but got boring quickly when I realized that BB's are limited. Im sure the 5.0 update will make them better than what I have used but I cant go back.

and I'll admit, I wan the "cool" :icon_ lala: factor in a phone and one that I can make mine and look the way I want, not the way the Manufacturing/Software Company wants. Im glad I wised up. Im a gadget freak and always will be. Anyone else gotta have the latest and greatest thing out?

Me! I bought the iPod Touch 3g that just recently came out. As soon as I heard about the Droid, I put the Touch on ebay and preordered the Droid. I would have kept both, but the wifey only allows so many toy purchases within a months time.

bamfsig45

Reaction score

Me! I bought the iPod Touch 3g that just recently came out. As soon as I heard about the Droid, I put the Touch on ebay and preordered the Droid. I would have kept both, but the wifey only allows so many toy purchases within a months time.

Im buying 4 iPod Touches this Xmas season for the kids. My house is wifi and they kids will love em (i'd probably love one too).....Im sure I will play with them while they're asleep hehe.

OP
S

SubyWill

Reaction score
hey guys, i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 running 5.0 os. i love it, but the droid is going to be my next phone:biggrin:

just wanted to introduce myself to this awesome community and i can't wait to get my hands on the DROID!:D

How do you like 5.0 on your 8330? I have been reading up on how to do it but read of a few concerns, such as appworld not working (which I don't care about because it sucks). I would love to upgrade my BB's OS before I lock it away for good this Friday. It's always good to have a backup phone, and I still love me some Blackberry.

i actually love it, it runs really nice, fast, and smooth and threaded texting is a plus! other than appworld not working and the browser being really slow i haven't had any problems with it

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Im buying 4 iPod Touches this Xmas season for the kids. My house is wifi and they kids will love em (i'd probably love one too).....Im sure I will play with them while they're asleep hehe.

They will love them. I am amazed at the quality of the games (not all, but a lot) on the Touch. Browsing the internet was enjoyable and watching movies/listening to music is obviously great. With the iPod Touch's simple interface, I think it is perfect for kids as there's really not much of a learning curve.

i actually love it, it runs really nice, fast, and smooth and threaded texting is a plus! other than appworld not working and the browser being really slow i haven't had any problems with it

So the new (it's just a leak, right?) OS slows down the browser? I didn't know the browser could go any slower!:D I think being able to really browse the internet on the Droid is what I am looking forward to most coming from the BB Curve 8830.

Do you happen to have a link for the 5.0 OS?

OP
S

SubyWill

Reaction score

They will love them. I am amazed at the quality of the games (not all, but a lot) on the Touch. Browsing the internet was enjoyable and watching movies/listening to music is obviously great. With the iPod Touch's simple interface, I think it is perfect for kids as there's really not much of a learning curve.

So the new (it's just a leak, right?) OS slows down the browser? I didn't know the browser could go any slower!:D I think being able to really browse the internet on the Droid is what I am looking forward to most coming from the BB Curve 8830.

Do you happen to have a link for the 5.0 OS?

yeah the browsing kills me!:censored:

Leaked: OS 5.0.0.230 for Curve 8330! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

there's a thread on it, it's a hit or miss some people are having problems. i haven't had any problems so i've been happy.

i can't wait till my droid though!:D

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that as of Friday, The Storm will have passed and Blackberry is officially dead to me!!:icon_ banana:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:byestorm: Welcome to the Droid-Side !!!! :byestorm:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that as of Friday, The Storm will have passed and Blackberry is officially dead to me!!:icon_ banana:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

welcome to the machine! enjoy the forums!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

:welcome: to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I too am jumping the BB ship after just buying the Storm 3 months ago. I hope all the hype is worth it or my wife is filing for divorce. :)