Sony Now Updating The Xperia XZ and XZs to Android 8.0 Oreo

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony_xperia_xz_s_6-jpg.78095

Sony has just joined the Oreo ranks with a few older devices updating the Xperia XZ and XZs to Android 8.0 Oreo. It seems that Google's Project Treble is actually working in helping OEMs get their devices updated as fast as possible. So far there are still not very many devices running the latest version of Android, but the list of devices seems to be growing each day.

Sony already has a bit of experience with Oreo already having shipped the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact with Android Oreo at launch. Sony is proving their commitment to quick updates by updating older devices. The XZ and XZs will now have Oreo app shortcuts, notification dots, smart text selection, autofill api, and picture in picture. Of course these phones will also get the usual Oreo features. The phones will also have the latest November security patches once updated. You can check for the update by heading into your settings.

via Android Central

Attachments

• Sony_Xperia_XZ_S_6.jpg
    Sony_Xperia_XZ_S_6.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,729

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would have probably been on the Sony train all these years if they had only supported VZW, I gotta say.

despotango

Reaction score
I was wondering do you have any ideas when is going to have xperia x series the android Oreo update ?

F5321 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi