Sony May Have a Completely New Flagship Smartphone Later This Year; Model C6802

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-C6802.jpg

If you think the Sony Xperia Z is one of the hottest new flagship smartphones of 2013, we can't blame you and would have to agree. However, it may not be the only high-end device Sony intends to release this year. If this new rumor is accurate, Sony plans to launch another high-end device in the later part of this year. It carries the model number C6802 and will come with a 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution panel and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

Little else is known about this new mystery device, and in fact there's no guarantee this intel isn't faked. Apparently, this unknown device with model number C6802 showed up on the web performing an HTML5 test. What is interesting about this model number is that the Xperia Z is model number C660X. That would put this one higher up on the food chain, and is why the industry speculation suggests a new flagship.

We will keep an eye out for anything that confirms or denies this new intel.

Source: AndroidAuthority

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
All this article really tells us is that Sony is still developing phones.

I'm not shooting the messenger, just a slow news day apparently.

52brandon

Reaction score
Mozilla under useragent? That's an interesting thing to see. I don't recall noticing it in any other leak photo like this, so I would like to see what significance, if any, that holds

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's only February , and the Xperia Z is not even on any US carrier yet, so lets give the newest flagship a test run before we start speculating on a future Xperia, which I am sure will happen, just like there will be an S4 this summer, and next year an S5, and so forth "and they all will have new tech of course". And if these meteors keep aiming at Earth:biggrin:, who knows if we will see next year;), LOL.