Sony Ericsson Arc Might Be SE's Rebirth Device

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;iFldMC_2dgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFldMC_2dgI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Remember when I said Sony Ericsson should give up on phones, well I might’ve spoken too soon. The new Sony Ericsson Arc, a 1GHz gingerbread device that was announced at CES is that device I might have judged too early. This new Android phone was reported by Engadget as being a pleasure to use and apparently not sluggish like its older brother the X10 was. As far as updates go, Sony Ericsson promises to give you updates in a timelier fashion, unlike the X10 that’s still in 2.0 land. Regardless, this is an impressive device.​

Source (Sony Ericsson names Xperia Arc CPU, dubs Android 2.4 appearance a 'misconfiguration' -- Engadget)

Last edited by a moderator:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is a joke... Sony will never live up to the promise. If they were going to start somewhere id say updating some of the older phones might help backup their words. Their update history isnt well at all, i still say they should give up. It might look appealing now but will be outdated by the lack of updates within 6 months. They need to focus on the current users of the phones instead of just "promising" to update future phones.... just saying.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Though the hardware looks nice, I'm not pleased with that UI. Ugly! It did appear fast, but who knows after you've been using it for 6 months. With so many AMAZING phones coming out at CES, IMO, that phone doesn't stack up.

dextroz

Reaction score
YouTube - Xperia arc Design and Home Screen

Now as far as updates go, Sony Ericsson promises to give you updates in a timelier matter, unlike the X10 that’s still in 2.0 land. Regardless, this is a hell of a device.​

I would have seen more credibility in your statement if you had said that sony can only prove itself by releasing updates for the X10 phone. The fact you say that is sluggish IS THE POINT why it needs Froyo and Gingerbread with the improved Dalvik Cache and battery optimizations. This should be your ONLY consideration into the purchase of any Sony phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is a joke... Sony will never live up to the promise. If they were going to start somewhere id say updating some of the older phones might help backup their words. Their update history isnt well at all, i still say they should give up. It might look appealing now but will be outdated by the lack of updates within 6 months. They need to focus on the current users of the phones instead of just "promising" to update future phones.... just saying.

^+1
With the exception of the PS line Sony needs to return to their roots (R&D) and leave production and sales of devices to those that can do it properly (across the board). They are great at the innovation (again the R&D) but historically their product lines are disappointing (not to mention always loose them money... if not for the PS line and their patents they would have been gone LONG ago).

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I see some noticeable lag when he's flicking between screens, and it's a very ugly UI. I do like the hardware of the phone, though. Very sleek-looking.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to have a Sony Ericson W810i - it was the best dumb phone I ever owned, things have changed since then