something odd happened to my phone

Essex

Reaction score
Just in the last hour I noticed it shut down on its own and then suddenly I no longer have swype installed, when I hold down the power button the only option is power off no airplane mode also there is no unlock screen when i turn the display off and on. If I hold down the home button it won't display what's running in the background and holding down search doesn't bring up the voice search.

Any clues?

Briankbl

Reaction score
Whoa, I have no idea. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful. The only thing I can recommend is to try and backup your phone using My Backup Pro (or titanium backup if you are rooted) and restore your phone back to factory default. OR if you are rooted, restore a nandroid backup. Only things I know to do. Sorry man.

OP
Essex

Essex

Reaction score
no I'm not rooted... so try backup pro?

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yeah, it will backup all of your contacts, apps+data, etc. Restore back to factory settings, Google will sync your acct and apps. When My Backup Pro is restored, just use it to restore your stuff. If that doesn't get your phone back to normal, I haven't a clue.

Reaction score
Try powering it off and removing the battery. That's the first line of defense. If it doesn't return after that, then you might need to do a hard reset back to factory specs.

OP
Essex

Essex

Reaction score
i did power it off and remove the battery.. i'll try that once again though.

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
That's very odd especiallyfor a nonrooted phone. Have you installed anything recently from the android market? I like to take a quick look at what permissions are required for the app to run. If something looks sketchy (it asks permission to access something that has nothing to do with the apparently) I don't install it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk