Someone tell me when I can Pre-Order it...

gmorgan056

Reaction score
When you go into Verizon website you can choose upgrade and the price will populate as $299.99.

So all chargers run on the same current? You can use anything from amazon that's micro-usb?

Can you use the Droid's charger on the Bionic?

Yep, my wife has a charge and i have a Droid and we share the same chargers. It'll be the same for the Bionic.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I currently use this and this to charge my D1 at home and at work, have a spare set in my laptop bag, and use just the cable with a "Cigarette lighter>USB" for the car... hasn't caused any problems yet

Oh, and having 10 ft of cable is amazing when you're used to being stuck with only 3 feet.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn wish I'd known about these 2 years ago. That's dirt cheap....

You have a link to the Cigarette Lighter>USB?

I currently use this and this to charge my D1 at home and at work, have a spare set in my laptop bag, and use just the cable with a "Cigarette lighter>USB" for the car... hasn't caused any problems yet

Oh, and having 10 ft of cable is amazing when you're used to being stuck with only 3 feet.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it may have come with and old ipod (haha) power adapter kit and I also have one of those crappy 3.5mm FM broadcasters with a USB jack built into the power plug so you can charge your device while listnting to it over a crappy FM radio station... I only ever use it for the USB plug haha.

But this should do the trick... or this if you want a little more versatility.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazing prices. May as well buy 2 or 3.

Why is the second more versatile?

I think it may have come with and old ipod (haha) power adapter kit and I also have one of those crappy 3.5mm FM broadcasters with a USB jack built into the power plug so you can charge your device while listnting to it over a crappy FM radio station... I only ever use it for the USB plug haha.

But this should do the trick... or this if you want a little more versatility.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because you could potentially power/charger anything that has a USB cable for it... for me that is just my tomtom when I'm on road trips and my old ipod. but the devices that are USB powered are definitely increasing... think about this installed in your glove box or this glued to your dash... oh the possibilities!!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol

I don't need a mini fridge or light but they are amusing...

But I will get some charging cords so I can have one in my office, and my home office. And I'll get a few car chargers as well. The prices can't be beat.dancedroid

Suuperflie

Reaction score
All you need is a 5 volt microusb charger. Damn near every phone uses 5 volt chargers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
Back on the OP topic -- Does VZW typically make new phones available via phone/web prior to release in stores?

Reaction score
They usually offer pre-orders on the larger named phones (bionic will probably have preorders) usually through big retailers like vzw and Best Buy. If you preorder online through vzw and have it shipped to you, theres a CHANCE you might get it a day or two prior to release date, but then again you risk the chance of you getting it a day or two later. Im not sure how direct fulfillment works so if someone can chime in on that it would be great. Direct fill buyers have seen their unreleased phones shipped the next day past order. direct fill, just as preorders are usually offered a week prior to release. Again im a direct fill n00b so im not entirely sure how the process works. Theres not much research online to look into either.

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks for that quick reply.

I am in a SNAFU with VZW, where a local VZW store used my primary phone upgrade to upgrade my daughter's phone (I wasn't with my daughter!), thereby losing my NE2. VZW has done the right thing to offer me a $50 discount on my next purchase - but it's gotta be over the phone - which I hope I can do prior to 9/8.

Renae

Reaction score
Was anyone else hoping to hear something more concrete about possible preorders today?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually went to the Verizon site yesterday and tried to find it...

I'm sure someone will post when it's on there - then I'll order it instantly (and hopefully w/Dock).

Looked like they had a few Dock models to choose from. Anyone know the details?