Someone please please help

kat777

Reaction score
I really need help I am so fed up with my DROID I have a motorola droid and it is driving me crazy. First of all I cant get through a phone call with out it hanging up on me or pressing buttons switching screens, putting on mute, putting on speaker all of theses thing without me pushing a single button. sometimes it won't let me finish texts either but the worst is the issues I'm having during phone calls. what can i do has anyone else experienced these issues? PLEASE HELP I want to Kill my phone it is SO ANNOYING :mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really need help I am so fed up with my DROID I have a motorola droid and it is driving me crazy. First of all I cant get through a phone call with out it hanging up on me or pressing buttons switching screens, putting on mute, putting on speaker all of theses thing without me pushing a single button. sometimes it won't let me finish texts either but the worst is the issues I'm having during phone calls. what can i do has anyone else experienced these issues? PLEASE HELP I want to Kill my phone it is SO ANNOYING :mad:

First question: Do you have long hair? Long hair can interfere with the proximity sensor. Your phone should go dark so that you can't accidentally mute someone. As far as finishing text goes, and please understand I'm trying to be helpful here but it would seem to me that you are accidentally pressing the send button.

Here's the deal. The Droid isn't for everybody, and if you can't make or even if you don't want to make some adjustments and you're in your first 30 days you can take it back and get another phone. I completely understand your frustration. Unfortunately there may not be much that can be done about it.

Now if your phone is just staying on and not turning black during a call then that's a phone issue. Take it back and get another. I only mention the long hair thing because it is a known issue and is talked about here frequently.

Tireworld

Reaction score
This is absolutely happening. I do not have long hair, and it even happens when the phone is in speaker mode being held nowhere near a head. I've tried everything I can think of to fix--

Deleting every app, taking battery out, factory reset, any number of things. My phone was absolutely bug free from the day Verizon released it until the 2.1 update rolled out. Now, it's useless. In fact, the last time I tried the factory reset, I can't even reactivate the phone, because as soon as I get to a screen with a numberpad on it, the phone just starts randomly pressing numbers all over the screen.

Taking to Verizon to see how bad they bend me over after work.

Tireworld

Reaction score
Update--

The tech at Verizon looked at it, saw the problem was hardware-related, and handed me a replacement. Replacement works fine thus far. Just have to re-install the few apps I had.