Someone please help a noob

ANGRYDroid

Reaction score
About 60 days ago I purchased a Droid 3. Great phone. No problems

I went to order an OFFICIAL Motorola BF5X replacement battery from Motorola itself.. Not some cheap knock off that holds a charge for 3 minutes.

When I went to purchase it I see that it is no longer available, and I am hearing that the Droid 3 has been discontinued.
So now I'm angry and REALLY confused. When i asked the Verizon salesperson about the droid and whether there was any new models out, they said..nope this is it.

So I need an OFFICIAL part and now it's discontinued??

Am I basically SOL or do i have ground to stand on? All i wanted in the first place was the newest model phone.. then 34 days later it comes out and I'm stuck???
(Keep in mind, I haven't gone back to VW yet to complain. I wanted feedback from all of you first.
Please help me and let me know what YOU would do.

Cheers,
-Doc

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately this happens quite a bit where a newer device comes out and then something "replaces" it only months later. This does not mean you are out of luck though, you will still receive updates for it. And as far as a battery you could always buy one off of Amazon or something like that, it may not be ideal but it is an option.

If you go into VZW to complain and try to get a newer device I would think you would be met with resistance. But we could wait and see what others think on the subject as well.

OP
A

ANGRYDroid

Reaction score
Thanks man.. Much obliged. A close friend of mine has a BF who is a manager so I MAY have a shot. (fingers crossed) I sure learned my lesson though.
NO NEW PHONES for Xmas. Wait until AFTER the CES convention. SMH

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Both the standard battery and the extended battery/cover are listed on Verizon Wireless' web site. Looks like they're still available.

Here is the link. You'll have to add the dots to the domain because a copy paste into this post breaks the link:

www verizonwireless com/b2c/store/accessory?action=refineByPhone&phoneId=5676

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the heads up SecretAgentMan!

John.Edwards

Reaction score
The BF5X and BF6X are available at a few online sources. VZ marks up accessories to a ridiculous level...
Keep in mind the BF5X battery is used in some other models, not just the D3 - the BF6X is the D3's stock extended battery and also the ATRIX standard battery.

doogald

Reaction score