Someone Help!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
I went to use my camera just now and it said no sd card. I went to my main settings to unmount and re-mount the card and its greyed out. I turned the phone off, pulled the battery and sd card and put both back in. Its now mounted but it says its blank. I checked Astro and es file explorer and yep...everything is gone!!! What the crap happened?

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its possible that it got dislodged during a data transfer and everything got lost. Have you tried removing and replacing it again just to be sure?

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I tried. I took the sd card out, gave it a guick look and then put it back in and its blank now. Do the cards just go bad? I've never seen one go bad!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
SD cards can go bad and lose all the data on them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have heard of them going bad before but I don't really know why or how.

tappin and a talkin

DXm0dx92

Reaction score
This may be a simple formatting issue.
If you have the MicroSD card adapter and a card reader, plug it in and see if your computer can recognize it.
If the computer recognizes it (blank or not) reformat it. You will lose all data but if it's a 8-16 GB card, you'll save money.

Granted you are on XP-W7, A right click should be sufficient. Just choose format drive and let the wonder of Autorun work its magic, and the format of the filesystem should work.
Once it's in the droid, as long as it is recognized, REFORMAT IT AGAIN.
This makes the default FTMB format compatible with the Droid

I saved several SD cards that had Cyanogen and ClockWork Mods fail on them like this, hope it's helpful!

Fred93gt

Reaction score
I had an sd card into old sch-i760 fail New lost all my pictures. Downloaded recovery software that I found and was able to recover everything that was "lost."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Well my wife took my memory card reader back after I bought a new cable for our camera. I took my 16 gb card and put it in my wife's Droid 2 and it done the same thing. Putting her 8 gb in mine worked just fine. I was unable to format my card in my phone or in hers. I went ahead an ordered a new 16 gb from Amazon for $23. I've got a backup of my card from a few weeks back, so I'm good.

hbar98

Reaction score
Strangely, my phone did the exact same thing. Phone said there was no SD card, computer couldn't see the card in the microSD adapter; wouldn't format it either.

I wonder how many people have had this issue.