Some Nexus 4 Units Already Back Ordered By as Much as Three Weeks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus4-back.jpg

The Google Nexus 4 phone had already been a resounding success. It almost all of the countries it debuted it has already sold out, and in many cases it sold out within a few minutes. In fact, this newest report shares that the new device is already back-ordered by as much as three weeks. An email directly from the Google Play Team explains the details,

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We'll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

To check the status of your order at any time, visit the link below: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions

If you would prefer to cancel your order, please reply to this email and our team will assist you. Or you can cancel your order using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:
Canceling or changing your order - Google Play Help

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for your order.

Thanks,
The Google Play Team

Apparently for quite a few consumers out there, the lack of LTE on this device was not a determining factor. Perhaps the allure of an unlocked "pure" Android experience was far too strong. Are you one of the folks who received this email?

Source: Nexus4Forum via Engadget

riko540

Reaction score
Yeah I received mine just before I left work. :frown: