Some google Voice Search commands not working?

trale

Reaction score
(Note I'm referring to the google Voice Search utility, not the Voice Dialer utlity)

Supposedly, google Voice Search can take the following commands:

"Navigate to <place>"
"Call <contact> mobile/work/home/etc"
"Dial <number>"
"Locate.../Map of.../Find... "Show Me" will all open and search google maps.
"Directions to <place>" will open google maps and give you directions to <place>

And possibly some other commands.

But so far, I've only successfully got 3 of these to work: "Navigate to", "Locate", and "Directions to"

The other ones end up in the browser with plain old google search. Can anyone else attest to this? Or has anyone discovered any other working voice commands?

iamozzie

Reaction score
Same problems

:icon_evil:The video for google search shows all these wonderful things that it can do. Every time I ask it to call a person, it gives me the person's name in Liverpool. Only "navigate to" seems to work for me. You would think a phone with google on it would have the google app work correctly. Have not heard of any fixes for this problem. (btw i have a droid x)

thoner34

Reaction score
Samezies

Same problem over here. The voice recognition know exactly what I am saying because it shows what I said word-for-word in the search results, but it only offers to do a google search rather than call someone. For me, saying "Call Kyle at home" dials the zoo. Doesn't google have anything to offer to support this? Luckily, voice search for navigation still works fine.

I've tried syncing with my google account. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the updates for google search. I'm out of ideas...

thoner34

Reaction score
Just kidding. Syncing my google account to the phone via Auto-Sync (settings --> accounts and sync --> Auto-sync) did the trick. I haven't tested it out fully yet, so I'll reply again if there are further problems, but for now, that's the solution.

Spinalpain10

Reaction score
I am having similiar issues with the voice search feature. I can succesfully...Navigate, call,listen to music. I cannot get the phone to text or emial via voice command!

Speech Maven

Reaction score
So, Voice Actions require that you download from Android Market the latest version of the Voice Search apk.

Also, the more advanced voice actions are available only in the US.