Google Voice Search Not Working Properly

Rrhutch

Reaction score
I have done as much reading as I can find in different forums on how to solve the problem I am having with Google Voice Search properly carrying out actions. If I want to search the web, it works great. However, having it carry out any phone specific commands is not working. I am running Android 2.2.1 and version 2.1.1 of Voice Search. Here is what I have done to try and fix the problem:

1) Clear out my contacts storage and reload it
2) Reinstall Voice Search
3) Even set my contacts as the only searchable items in the settings portion of google voice search

Specifically when I say "Call [say my contacts name] at mobile" it always try to call a number it finds online for nothing near my contact name rather than calling someone from within my contacts. The same problem occurs when I say "Send text [say my contacts name]" it brings up the text message screen, leaves the recipient blank, and and enters their name or the best attempt at spelling it as the body of the text.

As mentioned earlier, all other web specific search functions are working fine.

OP
R

Rrhutch

Reaction score
Update. I do not sync gmail contacts since I do not keep in contacts in gmail. However, I decided to test adding one and then trying voice search. It then works, but only for the contact I have in gmail, and not the ones from Exchange coming through Touchdown that are added to my Contacts.

Any thoughts on the problem?

darkshadowgirl

Reaction score
I'd like a solution to this too... But I have a feeling there isn't one... Fing Google trying to monopolize there contact list.