Some Exchange sync problems

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Here is a list of a few that I found:

1. I have several folders in my Exchange mailbox. All of them show up on my Droid but they show up as empty. Hitting 'Refresh' does not fix this. Not being able to sync my Exchange folders may be a showstopper :icon_evil:

2. My corporate Exchange server has a Global address book that shows up on my iPhone but does not show up on my Droid.

droiddoesNOT

Reaction score
exchange prob

the droid will not work connect with my secured corporate exchange server and my iphone will. it was a showstopper for me. i have to get work emails on my phone. I posted a thread earlier today entitled droiddoesnot about this and was jumped on by happy droid users. i assume they dont work for a living. I will buy droid when it can perform this basic function.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I believe there was something mentioned about the refresh in the upcoming OTA update (December 11th?). Poke around ... someone uploaded the VZ pdf.

wscato

Reaction score

2. My corporate Exchange server has a Global address book that shows up on my iPhone but does not show up on my Droid.

Go to the Market and download Corporate Directory by Motorola. It is free and will give you access to you GAL.

droiddoesNOT

Reaction score
it would have been nice if at release the phone was more capable instead of putting the burden on me to download this and that and wait for this and that. i guarantee that a motorola engineer who was involved in designing the droid doesn't use it because he needs to have his phone work with company exchange server.

ScottDroid

Reaction score
Lol

Droiddont it would have been nice if the iPhone did this in the first year....

I am using touchdown for exchange now works perfectly for me, alternately DL the program mentioned in the thread above me.

If people complain because the droid doesnt do this or that they would have thrown their 1st gen iPhone through a window and dont even get me started on the BB storm. Its been out a week or two for God's sakes.

droiddoesNOT

Reaction score
That is why i didn't have an iphone until it did work. and the the touchdown app does not work with a server that has sophisticated security. So keep making excuses for your inferior droid. And i don't care if it has only been out a week. this was marketed heavily as the greatest thing ever and to be better than iphone. What ? ..they forgot about exchange synching in the r&d and now have to have a third party app try to get it done.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I agree, somewhat. But after all the hype about this very cool phone you would think that the Droid would have got right the first time what everyone else took a year to do. Viewing Exchange folders is a very BASIC operation.

R1Lover

Reaction score

1. I have several folders in my Exchange mailbox. All of them show up on my Droid but they show up as empty. Hitting 'Refresh' does not fix this. Not being able to sync my Exchange folders may be a showstopper :icon_evil:

You have to go in and select which folders you want to sycn after the setup of the account... mine works just fine with all the folders.

droiddoesNOT

Reaction score
on motorola's own website it states that at launch the droid will NOT interact with passcode protected server. I work for a worldwide company. that server is secure. Motorola's advice was to have them change the server settings..which aint gonna happen i mean come on. If your server is not passcode protected then your good.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
How do you select which folders you want to sync? I didn't see that option anywhere.

rkoener

Reaction score
All I have to do is hit the menu key when I am in my email. Select folders and your whole list will come up. Whichever one you select, those emails will populate automatically. Pretty easy.

Mark5047

Reaction score
Also keep in mind if you are only syncing 1 weeks worth of messages it will not keep them in folders either, at least thats what it seems to be doing for me. I could be mistaken - anyone else?

rkcoll1

Reaction score
All I have to do is hit the menu key when I am in my email. Select folders and your whole list will come up. Whichever one you select, those emails will populate automatically. Pretty easy.

Thanks for this information. All i had to do is select the folder and hit refresh and bam there they were. Will they keep syncing or do i need to just go to the folder each time and refresh? Not a big deal if i have to refresh all the time, doesnt take long.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
No offense sir, but you're blaming the makers of this phone and its software for something which is clearly not their fault.

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is a major PITA for even Windows Mobile devices. Geez, just google some of the horror stories about the numerous security policies on an Exchange server which could inadvertently bump off ActiveSync users.

You should be poking your frustration elsewhere and not at your phone.