[SOLVED] No USB Type-C to Headphone adapter in the box?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
3840.jpg
Just got my Z yesterday. Totally loving everything about it so far.

I was going to test my Square card reader based off another thread last night and realized I hadn't seen the adapter that many YouTube videos showed being in the box.

Went to dig through the box and stuff and couldn't find one. I don't see it listed on the back of the box where everything else inside was listed. I got the phone at lunch time, so I was in a rush to unbox it and get it started on downloading apps, so it's possible I missed it, but my wife says she didn't notice any little cable anywhere near the coffee table where I was.

Not a huge deal, because I've got BT setup in my truck and have the JBL speaker, a BT speaker, and BT headphones, but I was just mowing the lawn the other day and my BT headphone battery died. It was nice to be able to grab my old wired phones and continue listening to music while I finished the job.

I'm sure there are other instances where it'd come in handy as well.

So, my question for any of you who got the Z or Z Force is simple.

Did you get a USB Type-C to Headphone adapter with your device?

IMG Source: Does Apple really think we're ready to ditch the headphone jack?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Z-Force probably has it. Like the 5x doesn't have two USB cords, just the one. 6P came with a smaller C-A cable and a larger one.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
3840.jpg
Just got my Z yesterday. Totally loving everything about it so far.

I was going to test my Square card reader based off another thread last night and realized I hadn't seen the adapter that many YouTube videos showed being in the box.

Went to dig through the box and stuff and couldn't find one. I don't see it listed on the back of the box where everything else inside was listed. I got the phone at lunch time, so I was in a rush to unbox it and get it started on downloading apps, so it's possible I missed it, but my wife says she didn't notice any little cable anywhere near the coffee table where I was.

Not a huge deal, because I've got BT setup in my truck and have the JBL speaker, a BT speaker, and BT headphones, but I was just mowing the lawn the other day and my BT headphone battery died. It was nice to be able to grab my old wired phones and continue listening to music while I finished the job.

I'm sure there are other instances where it'd come in handy as well.

So, my question for any of you who got the Z or Z Force is simple.

Did you get a USB Type-C to Headphone adapter with your device?

IMG Source: Does Apple really think we're ready to ditch the headphone jack?
Yes I did..I got my phone a month ago from Verizon and the adapter was in a little sealed plastic bag at the bottom of the box

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes I did..I got my phone a month ago from Verizon and the adapter was in a little sealed plastic bag at the bottom of the box

PS my phone is a z force... But the moto z must have one as well...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It should have been in the box Jonny, according to the Moto website, the Droid Z, Z Force and Z Play all have the adapter included. From their website, when viewing the Droid Z:

3.5 mm to USB-C headphone port adapter included

Sounds like they just forgot to put one in the box with your phone, unless the Best Buy phones have different packaging, but I doubt that. I wonder if Moto would send you one if you contact their Customer Support? They have always been very helpful when I have contacted them.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like and it comes with a little rubber thing also that I don't know what that's for

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Alright, copying this from the Z Force thread so I don't have to type it again...

Moto chat suggested I call Best Buy. On the phone with BB now. On hold while she checks to see if it was supposed to come with it.

A guy on the Moto forum verified to me that he bought his at BB and the adapter did come with it.
Well, that was a bit ridiculous, but Best Buy is taking care of me.

She said, in order to fix the issue, I'd have to exchange the entire device and everything that came with it. She suggested I take it to a store, but they could send me a new one and I could keep this one until that one came.

I explained that the nearest store is like an hour and a half away and that's why I ordered it online in the first place. Then, I asked her if they were going to check the serial numbers, if I could just steal the adapter out of the new box and send that phone back untouched. She said they'd verify which one was which, so I couldn't do that.

When I told her that I'd just buy my own instead of dealing with the hassle of setting a new phone up again, she offered to check the price on the adapter and issue me a giftcard. When she couldn't pull up a price on it, she offered me a $20 giftcard to cover the cost of having to buy one.

Sent from my Moto Z

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Alright, copying this from the Z Force thread so I don't have to type it again...

Well, that was a bit ridiculous, but Best Buy is taking care of me.

She said, in order to fix the issue, I'd have to exchange the entire device and everything that came with it. She suggested I take it to a store, but they could send me a new one and I could keep this one until that one came.

I explained that the nearest store is like an hour and a half away and that's why I ordered it online in the first place. Then, I asked her if they were going to check the serial numbers, if I could just steal the adapter out of the new box and send that phone back untouched. She said they'd verify which one was which, so I couldn't do that.

When I told her that I'd just buy my own instead of dealing with the hassle of setting a new phone up again, she offered to check the price on the adapter and issue me a giftcard. When she couldn't pull up a price on it, she offered me a $20 giftcard to cover the cost of having to buy one.

Sent from my Moto Z
That sounds fair.. Where can you order one from that's original equipment which is what you should have rather than aftermarket?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like that should work. Disappointed to hear that Moto support juts passed you off to Best Buy...but sounds like you got a decent deal in the end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is what you get if you go on Amazon and type in 3.5 mm to USB type c adapter

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is what you get if you go on Amazon and type in 3.5 mm to USB type c adapter

There are different kinds but the one you get in the original box with the phone has a one hole side for the jack to be plugged into and the other end looks like what your charger end looks like. They also have a two holed side for the jack to go into and that is different from original equipment. Not sure if that second type will work..

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That sounds fair.. Where can you order one from that's original equipment which is what you should have rather than aftermarket?

Couldn't find one oem. Neither could she, apparently.

Sent from my Moto Z