[Solved] Lost black notification bar

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Let me first say Hello. Been a while since I was on the forums. Been a crazy life.

I got the marshmallow update this morning and beside the changes to my lock screen (which I don't like) I have also lost my black notification bar and for the life of me I cannot find how to change it back from the disgusting gray it is now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I have over looked it somewhere. And once y'all point it out I will feel like an idiot. LOL

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Dorothy!!!! I don't have an answer for you, I'm just excited to see you here!

The notification bar changed colors with the update? Have you tried something out of the theme store or whatever it's called? Does that skin the notification bar?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let me first say Hello. Been a while since I was on the forums. Been a crazy life.

I got the marshmallow update this morning and beside the changes to my lock screen (which I don't like) I have also lost my black notification bar and for the life of me I cannot find how to change it back from the disgusting gray it is now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I have over looked it somewhere. And once y'all point it out I will feel like an idiot. LOL

Thanks.

Why hello stranger.

Use the Samsung theme changer and change it to dark marshmallow.

Nice you have marshmallow. We still have no word on when AT&T will release 6.0 for my Note 5.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well the mystery of the gray notification bar is solved. When in Power Saving mode on marshmallow the bar is gray. Turn PSM off and the bar goes to your theme. Personally that blows and does not make me happy. I like PSM so that I do not have to charge during the day. Ugggggg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well the mystery of the gray notification bar is solved. When in Power Saving mode on marshmallow the bar is gray. Turn PSM off and the bar goes to your theme. Personally that blows and does not make me happy. I like PSM so that I do not have to charge during the day. Ugggggg

Well, should we be happy or sad that the "solution" was found?

By the way, good to see you back again, next time don't be such a stranger!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

With marshmallow, you get doze, so you shouldn't need to charge as often anyway. Unless Sammy didn't include that...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, power saving is what does it. Sucks, doesn't it?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
You'd think an amoled screen wouldn't lighten any colors when in battery saver mode. It might not be a few million pixels using more energy but to do anything that uses more energy seems counter productive to trying to save energy. It's like that flashing red light and alert tone when the battery gets really low. They use more of what you're running out of by using energy for light, sound and cpu to make them do their thing.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><