[SOLUTION]nandroid exited with status 31

chewy74

Reaction score
nandroid exited with status 31

found this over at mydroid world...

I noticed many people (including myself) was getting the nandroid error 31 code...I tried this and it seem to have worked

open terminal emulator
type su
then type "sync" (no quotes)
enter

and hopefully it works for you
:icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
honestly, i dont know...

I just googled and searched the solution and found the above...all i know is it seems to occur when trying to perform a nandroid advanced backup. other solutions suggested mounting and creating a nandroid folder which doesn't help most because i assume most will already have one.

the sync action would lead me to believe that SPR is not reading the sdcard corrctly and its something with SPR...but thats at best a guess.

Sorry i couldn't be much more of a help...im slowly learning as I go

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Spoke to soon. Error appears again and can't recreate the solution

Update, was able to get a backup don't after a few reboot and trys. I'm not sure if this is a bad SD card...

Last edited:

teknotronik

Reaction score
I ran into this issue before as well with my friends Droid. Try reseating the card. I had to do that several times, once for the rom, once for the theme, and once for the kernel. Hope it helps!

maverick31210

Reaction score
ERROR 31:

Turn your phone off. Pop the battery and remove SD card (blow on it like Super Nintendo if it makes you feel better). Reinsert SD card. Turn on phone normally. Wait until notification bar confirms that SD card is ready to use. Reboot into recovery and perform your backup.

I had same issue when trying to install ROMs as well so it will work for that too.

jkennebeck

Reaction score
SD card

I've been getting the error 31 problem ever since I changed out my old 16g SD card with the new 32g card.
Using both the physical pulling SD card and reseating method as well as the other method mentioned using terminal emulator to run the sync command seems to work.
I'm just wondering if the people who built SPRecovery are aware that maybe this is a size of the SD card issue? Any way to bring that to their attention for the next build?