Software update not working.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I used it a few times this morning looking for ics but now if I try it nothing happens. It just says searching for update. The data comes on but it never finishes the search. Do you think that maybe VZ's servers are just overloaded with requests because of ics? Does it work for anyone else?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
So has anyone tried a software update recently? I still can't.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Ics came to the Rezound? When. I haven't gotten an update for it and last I checked was Tuesday or Wednesday

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting and installed the leaked version...OMG it is awesome.

dolpns13

Reaction score
JeffDenver said:
I got tired of waiting and installed the leaked version...OMG it is awesome.

What do tit think happens when the talk ota comes out? I wonder if it will install over the leaked version

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Well...at worst nothing happens, and I am "stuck" with an unofficial version of ICS that runs flawlessly. Oh the humanity heh heh.

More likely though, you can probably just install the OTA over this. This is not some custom ROM off the internet...it is a version of the actual stock ROM that HTC made themselves. It is "official" insofar as it is something HTC actually made for the rezound, it is just not a public release. Likely the OTA will be a higher version number and will detect this as a previous version and "update" over it.

In a worst case scenario, I can still get back to stock via s-off and start over. The process is long and annoying, but possible.

So far I have not come across a single problem. Everything is fast and fluid. All my apps work except some that are not designed for ICS, like GoLauncher.

One thing you guys will love about ICS: Live wallpapers no longer bog down the system. I am running ICS Phase live wallpaper and everything is just as snappy as with static wallpaper.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
JeffDenver said:
So far I have not come across a single problem. Everything is fast and fluid. All my apps work except some that are not designed for ICS, like GoLauncher.

I'm running Go Launcher ex with the leaked ics. It runs as good as it ever has if not better.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Oh...maybe I should try it again.

Honestly, I was getting ready to dump Golauncher anyway. I liked it, but they kept adding crap to it...I really don't like the latest update where they changed how you access widgets (try long-pressing on the home screen desktop). I am liking Apex's minimalist approach a lot better I think.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
JeffDenver said:
Oh...maybe I should try it again.

Honestly, I was getting ready to dump Golauncher anyway. I liked it, but they kept adding crap to it...I really don't like the latest update where they changed how you access widgets (try long-pressing on the home screen desktop). I am liking Apex's minimalist approach a lot better I think.

Maybe I'll give Apex a look. See what kind themes they have.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Anyone have any news on this? I haven't received any ICS updates on my Rezound. I definitely thought it would be here by now

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Last we heard, it was late July that is the ETA. I havn't been paying attention much though since I have had the leak for months now.

jseah

Reaction score
It was last reported that ICS will be released for the Rezound at the end of July and the final round of updates will go out in the beginning of August.