Software Update Availble

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
i went to check for software updates and my phone was prompted with an available update, I am afraid to down load it because i do not want to expierence any rebooting issues.....does anyone know wat this update is? the Size of this file is 35.649. Again i dont want to have to be sent yet another device..any insight anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jared

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't update. Gingerbread is around 100 MB, so its definitely not that.

sent from my ApeX

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I wouldn't update. Gingerbread is around 100 MB, so its definitely not that.

sent from my ApeX
What could it be tho? I am not going to ...just curious !

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's probably the MR1 update that's caused problems.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Funny if you think that ... i have been checking for weeks and had no software available...now this is...dont u think they would stop providing an update that causes these kind of issues/?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is suppose to be an update soon to remove the mobile hotspot app so they can start charging to use it.

sent from droidforums app

thurilok

Reaction score
I'll run out on a limb here and guess it's the update that will shut off wifi tether.

Beardface

Reaction score
I just checked Software Update, and it didn't tell me if there was one or not... Which is kinda odd... Normally it will say there isn't one available or "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE".... No answer and just a closing of the popup... not normal

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
The next update I'll be accepting will be the Gingerbread update, and not a update prior to that one. It's kind of ridiculous that we are waiting and waiting for this Gingerbread update to solve a major problem, yet VZW has no problem pushing a update to modify a service that will benefit them. Fortunately for myself I really didn't use the mobile hotspot, but I don't want to loose root by accepting the update.

Last edited:

bam2044

Reaction score
I went to check for updates and my bolt shows the checking update screen then dissipears, started doing this, this week. Any help on the situation or if anyone has same problems

ttlynch1

Reaction score
I have the same issue phone says checking for updates then goes blank. It used to at least say no updates available.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums