Softbrick... Can not access CWM

mdunn1066

Reaction score
Basically I rushed into rooting my nexus then botched flashing a rom so it wont boot up. Problem is i cant get back into CWM recovery because i didnt modify the file for the recovery..

Do i have any options or am i screwed?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Basically I rushed into rooting my nexus then botched flashing a rom so it wont boot up. Problem is i cant get back into CWM recovery because i didnt modify the file for the recovery..

Do i have any options or am i screwed?

Can you get to the fastboot menu?

If so, you can reinstall recovery through it. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...kmod-recovery-cdma-edition-final-version.html <-- that has downloads and general instructions on how to put the recovery back on there. You just need to do step 3 on using the fastboot options.

Alternatively http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-development/192031-wugs-galaxy-nexus-root-toolkit.html <-- you can use that to flash the recovery as well.

OP
M

mdunn1066

Reaction score
I think this may have just been a MAJOR blonde moment for myself. in order to access CWM and ****, you have to hold both volume buttons and the power button? Because i was just holding volume down and power....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think this may have just been a MAJOR blonde moment for myself. in order to access CWM and ****, you have to hold both volume buttons and the power button? Because i was just holding volume down and power....

Since the phone didn't boot, CWR may still be there. Try the following.

If you get bootlooped or other non-recoverable issue:

1. Pull battery and replace it.
  2. Hold down the up and the down volume key and press the power button.
  3. You have a screen that shows the android with an open hatch and the word Start above it.
  4. Use the up and down keys to navigate to the “Recovery Mode” menu
  5. Press the Power Button to reboot into Recovery (CWR)
  6. Reinstall your rom or restore a backup.