Soft press on power button.

Jackie_Treehorn

Reaction score
Hey all I'm a day 1 Droider here and love this phone. I turned my wife onto it and ordered one for here and it arrived in the mail today (mail order to avoid $100 rebate)

I just opened it up and turning it on I noticed the power button has a soft press. On my Day 1 Droid I can feel a click when pressing the button, but on this new one I can;t feel a click pressing it down. The button works fine and touching it puts it in and out of sleep mode. Just feels weirder and wondering if it's defective.

Anyone else notice this at all?

JamesX

Reaction score
mine has always been soft. There is no click and unclick noises >.>;

I wish it did though. It is a bit too soft for me.

droidfannd

Reaction score
I received my DROID just before Thanksgiving and have never experienced a 'click' when pressing the power button.

OP
J

Jackie_Treehorn

Reaction score
Well it's not a click sound but it's a feel. I can physically feel the button clicking under my fingertip on mine, but on my wifes I'm not feeling it.

JamesX

Reaction score
Never had clicking sound or clicking feel either. First DROID was 12/31, Current one is 1/8.

brmo

Reaction score
Same thing here Jackie_Treehorn, i have a button that feels like you are actually pressing the button.

alexb

Reaction score
Sometimes I have to look at my finger pressing the button to know I'm actually getting it, but it works just fine.