Social Networking Broken?

cellu1

Reaction score
Using the stock social networking app on my rooted D2, I have very recently noticed that updates are not getting pushed. I can not manually get them to update. I also am unable to set my own status via the app. I just get a send error. I tried to remove my FB account but my phone tells me my request is denied. I tried ADDING a twitter account for ****s and giggles but that was denied also.

Any one else see this happening ontheir D2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I read this somewhere else yesterday. You are saying that go into My Accounts, touch the Remove Account button and it tells you Permission Denied? And when you are in My Accounts and try to add an account you get Permission Denied?

Are you running Facebook 1.5 from the Market?
Are you rooted and running a ROM?

I would suggest you go to Facebook on your phone(full web version) or computer, preferably the computer, go to account, account settings, and hit the Mobile tab. On the bottom of the screen see if your phone nr is listed. Then check all the other options on the page to see if you have set up any update authorizations, especially the Android one. Save any changes.

After that go to the Notifications tab and check every option there you want and save.

First thing you should do is turn off the phone for a few, or do a battery pull to see if that does not clear the issue, then the steps above.

OP
cellu1

cellu1

Reaction score
Rooted and stock. Just using the Social Networking app on the phone. All the settings are as they were when it was working before. I will try doing a recovery to back when I first rooted and see if I broke it myself over the last week.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Let me know, I am stumped about the Permission Denied thing. I want to find out why if there is a reason cause only place I see permissions is when you are in terminal emulator or like app. I wonder if your permissions got changed that way somehow?

OP
cellu1

cellu1

Reaction score
Ran a Bootstrap restore and it appears to be updating and I could post my status. The only app that the restore got rid of was Root Explorer.

I will try to add a new account to see if my requests dont get denied again. Then I will reinstall the Root Explorer app and see what happens.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Good! Be careful what you do in root explorer. I have a suspicion that you some how inadvertently changed the permissions for a few apps. Ain't bootstrapper great? You get it all fixed, I would do another backup with everything working. I always go back and delete the first backup off my SD card after a few days of satisfactory running.

OP
cellu1

cellu1

Reaction score
Reinstalled everything and so far so good. I was able to add accounts and update status. Lets see how long this lasts before the victory dance.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
It will be ok now, I am sure. After a few days make a new back up of this setup. I tinker with the emulator testing scripts I write and mess the phone up a lot. I just do what you just did, a restore and keep trucking.