So... With ice cream sandwich announced

katatonic

Reaction score
Ice cream sandwich was announced to be released in October or November. Think we will get it? I mean I know we are just getting gingerbread soon, but with how shafted we have been. I have my doubts. I will probably have a new phone before it ever comes to the tbolt.

sent from my thunderbolt.

dzone67

Reaction score
Ha^
I have a feeling were gonna get ICS when the next best thing comes out.

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

OP
katatonic

katatonic

Reaction score
Same. But I won't stick around for the wait. If I knew how badly this phone was going to be ignored by HTC and Verizon I wouldn't have even bought it. I'll have the latest and greatest next year. Sad really.

10david2

Same. But I won't stick around for the wait. If I knew how badly this phone was going to be ignored by HTC and Verizon I wouldn't have even bought it. I'll have the latest and greatest next year. Sad really.

Unfortunately, This statement sums up my feelings as well on this phone. Really sucks. Flagship my buttocks!!

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
We should all see ICS at the latest by Dec.
On a new device perhaps, but certainly not on the Thunderbolt. VZW and HTC haven't even gotten Gingerbread functional enough to release an OTA. And in all fairness, you didn't say which year, so you may be right :blink:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
On a new device perhaps, but certainly not on the Thunderbolt. VZW and HTC haven't even gotten Gingerbread functional enough to release an OTA. And in all fairness, you didn't say which year, so you may be right :blink:

This is just a guess, but they may just skip Gingerbread on some devices and take you right to ICS. I know I read somewhere today that all devices will have ICS like another poster pointed out by Nov/Dec. I think VZW/Motorola/Google is trying to get all the phones on the same playing level now, which, if comes to fruition, would be great.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I think we will get it through CM8 before anything else. no way are we getting it OTA.

choriskardia

Reaction score
Word seems to be that The Google / Nexus Prime will be released with ICS on Verizon and that it might be as early as October . . . THIS YEAR.

KSR

Reaction score
Well I'm still waiting for Gingerbread, so I have my doubts in seeing ICS. Hopefully we do get it but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high.

KSR

Reaction score
Also, I dig the idea of all devices being on the same playing level, but will handhelds run the exact same software?! I actually don't like the idea of handhelds being like "mini tablets".

OP
katatonic

katatonic

Reaction score
I dig the idea of my phone having the newest software. The only reason I think there should be to not have the newest software on a device ASAP via ota is if the phone can't handle it. People spend so much money on phones and then get shafted. Its discouraging.