So now what for POP3 mail?

M

Matth3w

4386717381_1faf687950_b.jpg

You do not add the additional pop3 accounts via your phone. You can only add additional accounts via the actual GMail application, so you are completely wrong about it only being a phone issue.

The account settings are completely correct and have never been changed within GMail, it's just suddenly not pulling from that account anymore after pulling flawlessly for 6 weeks with never a single issue.

The phone in this case is little more than the equivalent of a computer monitor with GMail being the equivalent of the computer. If information isn't being displayed on the monitor correctly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the monitor, it is the fault of the computer. The monitor is just relaying information from the computer. Sort of like, don't shoot the messenger.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning gentleman........

A word to all here......Please excuse me for asking for everyone to be nice.

@ Matth3w If you have a gmail issue. Lets take it back a step. Check your settings.. Here's what I did to make it work for me.

I went in to my pop account on the server side (rr.com) found settings > forward> forward and keep a copy o the server> there I plugged in my gmail account name and boom its pusehed.

Then I went in to gmail and set that account to allow me to respond from the priginal account the email was receieved like (d*****@cfl.rr.com). So when you email my home email and I respond. You see my home address and server. This works perfectly every time all the time even when I was rooted. So try that.

Now if you want to offend someone here. Don't! This is not a tolerated form of behavior here. If it sounds questionalble when your proof read it. Don't post it.

M

Matth3w

So your oppinion its on gmail is not valid.
You're wrong. Hopefully you will quit spreading this bad information, because eventually someone is going to Google and find this thread and see that some moderator is telling everyone the problem is with the phone when it isn't, then rush off to find out the problem unsuccessfully with their phone.

Here is an example of someone NOT trying to use this with a phone getting the same problem:

Connection Error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 4:59 pm - Reading Messages | Google Groups

If they aren't trying to check it on their phone how is this a phone issue?

Here is a whole group of people with not one mentioning the problem occurring while interfacing with their phone:

problems pulling 3rd party email into gmail acct - dslreports.com

M

Matth3w

@ Matth3w If you have a gmail issue. Lets take it back a step. Check your settings.. Here's what I did to make it work for me.
The point is that nothing has been changed in 6 weeks then suddenly on the 7th week it stops working though. So I clearly had it set up 100% correct and didn't change anything, now all the sudden it doesn't work.

The process is:

1. GMail pulls email from POP account.
2. GMail pushes email from GMail to phone.

So it has nothing to do with the phone, 100% sure of that.

Just scratching my head as to what could suddenly cause GMail to not to be able to pull from the account. With the correct settings it says timed out when trying to edit the settings in the account add area.

M

Matth3w

Funny that mine is working on EVERY CLIENT :D
Must be bad informations by the clients :D
But anyways, try miami's solution then!
So with your logic, yours works so no one else in the entire universe has a valid related GMail problem?

There are too many variables for you to use that logic. Do they all use SSL? Are they US military accounts? Are our accounts all located on the same email server? Absolutely not. GMail has so many users there is no possible way everyone is located on the same email server. There could be a connection problem for a large group of people that happen to all be using the same server or something

That's why I had a separate thread. This one was talking about phones and whatnot and mine was a slightly different issue. I see the point I suppose in locking that thread but my issue was a little different. I am using a military SSL POP account.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Funny that mine is working on EVERY CLIENT :D
Must be bad informations by the clients :D
But anyways, try miami's solution then!
So with your logic, yours works so no one else in the entire universe has a valid related GMail problem?

There are too many variables for you to use that logic. Do they all use SSL? Are they US military accounts?

That's why I had a separate thread. This one was talking about phones and whatnot and mine was a slightly different issue. I see the point I suppose in locking that thread but my issue was a little different. I am using a military SSL POP account.

Its vice versa. Because YOU and some others have a problem, GMAIL isnt working for all ;)
see what i mean.

Im not here to start a fight Matthew.

May it be that your admins over the military blocked the POP ports, so GMAIl cant retrieve it?

I'd ask the google support about it yout problem. maybe theyll get you a solution!

M

Matth3w

I never made the claim that because mine wasn't working that means yours isn't working, however, whereas you made the claim that because yours is working mine must not be a problem with GMail.

I doubt it has anything to do with the military, my email downloads fine on Outlook.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The point is that nothing has been changed in 6 weeks then suddenly on the 7th week it stops working though. So I clearly had it set up 100% correct and didn't change anything, now all the sudden it doesn't work.

The process is:

1. GMail pulls email from POP account.
2. GMail pushes email from GMail to phone.

So it has nothing to do with the phone, 100% sure of that.

Just scratching my head as to what could suddenly cause GMail to not to be able to pull from the account. With the correct settings it says timed out when trying to edit the settings in the account add area.

I'm getting the pojt. I am also giving you a solution to try......also...have you checked with your army tech guys. Maybe something on thier side is wrong? I am not saying it is but

famac!

Reaction score
Its a PHONE/Android software problem. The same **** works well on other phones i have used including blackberry. Head over to the android code link in my sig and read responses. Also do searches for other email issues.

M

Matth3w

Like I said, I tried to re-add it, it says it can't connect anymore. GMail support is worthless, hate to say it. Never once got a quality response from them, or even at all in most cases.

@Miami - going to try to contact the AKO help desk when they open.

gerngaus

Reaction score
Phones DO have problems, and my GMAIL is working on EVERY CLIENT i have, for YEARS correctly. My laptops, thunderbirds, outlooks, windows mobiles and so on. only my milestone HAD this failure. when i flashed the firmware again, problem was gone. FULL STOP!

So your oppinion its on gmail is not valid. Even if, if noone helps here, got to google, and start being friendly here. please!

Not sure how i wasn't being friendly.

If it is on the phone side, then why isn't it checking when looking at gmail, on MY COMPUTER, NOT PHONE, and it shows it hasn't checked in 20 hours - when it had for 2 months prior.

There may be two issues, but google is having a server issue of some sort.

I was trying to share details of what I was experiencing with it previously working, and not having changed anything in any of the three possible setting locations (my email server, my google account, my droid).