So my Incredible came in the mail today.

Jamar

Reaction score
What's the next step? Do I HAVE to fully charge it before turning it on? And does my Droid need to be turned off before I activate the Incredible? How DO I activate it? :icon_eek:

claustin

Reaction score
turn off your droid. when you first turn on your incredible it should make you activate it. during the activation call it should prompt you for the phone number you are activating it on. i think that should do it.

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary that I fully charge it before turning it on? I plan on keeping it plugged in... I just have no patience! :icon_ banana:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that it's no big deal to use it/charge it whenever you want. I wouldn't think twice about using it while charging it the first time.

About once a month, you should let the battery drain all the way and then charge it fully. This apparently resets the battery monitor to give you an accurate reading. Usually, though, it is better for the battery if you don't run it down all the way before charging.

In general, use it however you like. Batteries are robust these days and cheap enough to replace if you need to. Have fun!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol, there was no way I could have turned it on it let it charge.. I turned it on and started download apps :)

jamjr74

Reaction score
haha im with you dandroid!!! I plugged that baby right in and started downlaoding and setting it up the way I like!!!! I have never charged a phone for 8 hrs before use. The HTC charges fully in less then 1 hr and that is all I did!

WTF??

Reaction score
I plugged that baby right in and started downlaoding and setting it up the way I like!!!! I have never charged a phone for 8 hrs before use. The HTC charges fully in less then 1 hr and that is all I did!

Im guilty as well LOL dancedroid

If you think about it, most cell phone reps will have to turn on a brand new phone to activate it. My activation with the reps (I got two DI's) took an hour. I had errands to run all day on the day I got my phones, so I didnt get to charge until that night (full charge)... so the next day I did my MAJOR editing to my liking :)

mach330

Reaction score
My understanding is that it's no big deal to use it/charge it whenever you want. I wouldn't think twice about using it while charging it the first time.

About once a month, you should let the battery drain all the way and then charge it fully. This apparently resets the battery monitor to give you an accurate reading. Usually, though, it is better for the battery if you don't run it down all the way before charging.

In general, use it however you like. Batteries are robust these days and cheap enough to replace if you need to. Have fun!

lithium batteries doesn't need these conditioning...

congrats on the phone. you're gonna love it.

egobuster1

Reaction score
you don't need to charge it first
all the battery conditioning things people have said you don't need to do on the lithium ion battery's that was only for the old NiCad and NiMh battery's

matt30

Reaction score
The main reason they want you to do a full change is so that if the phone becomes accidentally disconnected, it won't interrupt any configuring.

Brimick

Reaction score
Man, I can't wait! I'm stopping by the store after work to pick one up (they got them in stock today), and the clock couldn't move any slower!

Danny5

Reaction score
Holy crap! They told me no more Incredible's before the end of the month, but I just received notification that it shipped TODAY!

/happydance

BzB

Reaction score
first step...GET AN EXTENDED BATTERY! lol :) then you won't have to be concerned about the wimpy sissified excuse for a battery htc decided to ship the phone with.

lol, there was no way I could have turned it on it let it charge.. I turned it on and started download apps :)

me too. i've never fully charged any device that needs a battery before turning it on. and if the battery was completely dead, as soon as it charged enough to turn itself on i left it plugged in and started using it. lol