So many choices.....what do i do???

biggdave92

Reaction score
I can upgrade this saturday. I really like the maxx. Second is the nexus. 3rd is the rezound. 4th is to buy a thunderbolt off ebay and use that to hold me over for a few more months till something new comes out. I'm coming from a D1. What shall i do?

wolstonc

Reaction score
Razr if battery life and durability are important. Rezound if camera and screen are important. Nexus if screen, having the newest gadget, latest updates, unlocked boot loader, ics, and pure android are important... but I'm a little biased. I won't buy another HTC after the tbolt, and if I buy a Motorola I just get scared that something better will come out in a week. I bought a nexus for just the opposite reason; it won't get outdated until I can upgrade again, Although vzw may not get the next nexus or continue unlimited data after the family data plans roll out, in which case sprint will become my carrier

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
RAZR maxx or gnex. Maxx for all day battery life and gnex for best screen and newest OS + massive dev support

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
the dark Horse is the rezound. but if you aren't even going to give it fair shake.... Gnex it. nice screen, latest Android software, nice overall form. sorry, but the Rezound is a good choice over the RAZR. oh did I mention that the. you can unlock the bootloader on the Rezound too? and the price has dropped on it as well. But, each of the three phones are good. I checked out the LG spectrum. that isn't bad either, but support is where they could possibly fall behind.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bigdave: this thread will grow in no time.....
Do yourself a favor, go to the store, play with all 3. Go home and mull it over. Go back to the store a few days later and play with all 3 again. If one of them does not scream "buy me" at you go home again. Chances are by then you would have made a decision.
As for "what's coming to be....", there will always be a newer phone out there, give it up, you can't keep up. Look at how fast new phones are getting pumped out.
Buy a phone you love, do not let a newer gizmo with more shiny's on it take the joy out of your purchase one month out
Good luck!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

t35rk

Reaction score
I think the dark horse is the TBolt. New phones should be announced at the end of the month. Unless you really want one of the current ones, a $150 TBolt is a fine option. You will always be able to sell it in 6 months at a $50 loss. Not bad considering new Rezounds at that time will be much less, thus saving you money, while giving you time to check out summer releases.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

duffy0401

Reaction score
I am haiving the same dilemna except I'm looking at:
Razr Maxx
Droid 4 (I like the qwerty keyboard)
Nexus

I was just at the store looking at them and still can't decide. So I will be stalking this thread.

t35rk

Reaction score
I am haiving the same dilemna except I'm looking at:
Razr Maxx
Droid 4 (I like the qwerty keyboard)
Nexus

I was just at the store looking at them and still can't decide. So I will be stalking this thread.

If you don't mind the screen, I say the Droid 4 gets my early vote..

Last edited:
OP
B

biggdave92

Reaction score
i've been to 2 different stores 3 different times. i've spent a couple hours a day on the interweb looking at info and feedback. its a tough decision. if i use my upgrade i'm going to spend 250ish and going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years. If i get the tbolt i'll spend 150ish and be free to jump on the next big thing. I just have a feeling something awesome will be coming out soon.

GoBlazers

Reaction score
It would make my decision a lot easier if we knew how soon ICS will be available on the RAZR and Droid 4. If I had to buy this week though, it'd be the Nexus. I'm going to mull it over for another month though

t35rk

Reaction score
i've been to 2 different stores 3 different times. i've spent a couple hours a day on the interweb looking at info and feedback. its a tough decision. if i use my upgrade i'm going to spend 250ish and going to be stuck with a phone for 2 years. If i get the tbolt i'll spend 150ish and be free to jump on the next big thing. I just have a feeling something awesome will be coming out soon.

Well if your open to the short term used phone route, let me recommend the original Incredible that can be had for well under $100.

Mine has been a viable step from my D1. The LCD screen is arguably better than any of the 4 phones in the op. It can easily get you by for 6 months until more options are available, and you could then sell it for nearly what you paid for it. The price on the new phones on your list will all del by $100 or more so the used phone route makes sense. Plus you would get an HTC SENSE experience.

The TBolt is good, but the Dinc1 has less issues and a better screen. Find one for $75 and enjoy.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I can upgrade this saturday. I really like the maxx. Second is the nexus. 3rd is the rezound. 4th is to buy a thunderbolt off ebay and use that to hold me over for a few more months till something new comes out. I'm coming from a D1. What shall i do?
What you do will depend on what features matter most to you. None of these phones is the best at everything. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

IMO: Rezound > Nexus > Spectrum > Razr Maxx

But if thin/light is the main feature you want, that order would look a lot different. It depends on what you want. I went into a lot more detail about my choices on this post here. For me, display and SD/removable battery were the main features I wanted first.

If you are not in a hurry to upgrade, I would say get a Thunderbolt now and wait. The quad core phones will be out in a few months.

If you want the best thing right now, IMO it is the Rezound. It has the fewest problems and the most features overall. But it does have weak points just like all these phones have. You'd have to decide what stuff matters to you the most and what stuff annoys you the most.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Nexus, is a great phone *-*.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!