So I opened my Droid Razr Maxx, can Asurian tell?

DemiGod298

Reaction score
My maxx shut off in the night and won't turn back on, white light stays on when I try and charge it but it won't reset while holding power/volume and it won't turn back on.

Thinking that I was screwed and I'd have to buy a new phone, i figured hey why not open it and see if there's anything I can do. Turns out since it was a refurb from my asurian insurance plan they will send you a new one for free as long as you didn't drop or water damage the phone. Are they going to be able to tell I opened the phone?

They said they would charge my card full phone price to my credit card and obviously this really concerns me b/c if I have to buy a full price phone I'd at least like a new phone of the model of my choosing.

Thanks any input is appreciated!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are getting another replacement from Assurion, it wouldn't matter. How long ago did you get this refurb? If it wasn't long ago, call them, not Verizon. They will replace it free and not carr if it was dropped, lost, put through a washing machine, or run over by a lawn mower...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

GotnFX

Reaction score
My maxx shut off in the night and won't turn back on, white light stays on when I try and charge it but it won't reset while holding power/volume and it won't turn back on.

Just an FYI..this was due to your battery going dead..it just needed to be recharged. It usually takes awhile and won't respond to anything until that minimum charge threshold is obtained..

OP
D

DemiGod298

Reaction score
Just an FYI..this was due to your battery going dead..it just needed to be recharged. It usually takes awhile and won't respond to anything until that minimum charge threshold is obtained..

I charged it for hrs while it was like that and it won't do anything. It was actually charging while at 50% and died in a few hrs then wouldn't charge or turn on.

OP
D

DemiGod298

Reaction score
The white light doesn't actually come on with the plug all the way in I have to sorta half plug it in to get it to stay on. Left it that way for hrs as well with no luck.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try holding all 3 buttons to enter the ap fastboot menu. If that works, restore phone. You will lose all personal info, but at least phone will work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

GotnFX

Reaction score
The white light doesn't actually come on with the plug all the way in I have to sorta half plug it in to get it to stay on. Left it that way for hrs as well with no luck.

Sounds like a bad connection then..do you have a case on the phone? If so, remove it and try again to get the soft keys to light up. While it is best to use the original charger..use another one if you have an extra one somewhere and see if it is the charger..like I said it takes awhile to recharge.. but the key is to make the soft keys at the bottom light up during the charge.

zwegan

Reaction score
If your plan covers theft, just tell them someone stole your phone and throw it in the trash :)

OP
D

DemiGod298

Reaction score
I already told them it just didn't work, so no throwing it away ahaha.

No case, its weird, all the way in does nothing and half in just before the things clip down and My white LED stays lit up. But even after charging for a few hrs I cant get it to do anything.

I have another phone being sent to me but there were pictures I really wanted on the old one :(

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pictures usually save to the SD card. They should work when you put SD card into new unit.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Pictures usually save to the SD card. They should work when you put SD card into new unit.

I am not sure what the default is but mine is internal storage...hopefully DemiGod set it for SD storage. I know DemiGod can't check..but if you open up camera..settings (circle in corner), a menu screen opens and will show storage location..hit the storage location to change it..the storage location setting looks like this:

ForumRunner_20130209_232521.png