So I can't do that????

Whip

Reaction score
I try to read as much as I can before posting as my horse is tired of getting beat, but....
My bud, who introduced me to the world of droids, claimed he could download FREE movies, lightning fast, and either watch them on his droid, or plug his droid into his flat screen to watch them at home.
First, it seems from you guys, that I have to convert files and formats and edit sounds and sizes and everything else...to my OWN movies, not these mythical free ones from my droid.
Second, what cable would I use to connect my droid to a TV to watch them on?

Is this possible or was he blowing smoke up my....Droid???

MdicnMan

Reaction score
http://www.google.com/url?source=im...ke.jpg&usg=AFQjCNF3evgyBsOhjTgJHK79GD-CKn-GIg
url

Sorry to deliver the bad news.

E

EvilWays

that mod still wont let the droid send like it would have to to a tv. you could however, connect it to a tv that has a usb port and access files like that, it works on my tv, plug in, mount, play from tv, but theres no guarantee that the format that your droid plays is the same as accepted by the tv... so its hit or miss...

lschicky

Reaction score
there is no such thing as downloading a full movie lightning fast. Most movies are huge files, even on your computer on a super fast connection it's going to take a little while.

A few minute clip of a movie might be a different story.

D

dvdcatalyst

there is no such thing as downloading a full movie lightning fast. Most movies are huge files, even on your computer on a super fast connection it's going to take a little while.

A few minute clip of a movie might be a different story.

Some newer TV's have the capability of playing video files. In theory you should be able to connect your Droid with the USB cable to one of these TVs and when you enable USB mode, it might work, I have seen someone post that they did this with a PS3 or Xbox 360 as well.

OP
W

Whip

Reaction score
OK guys...I ran into my bud at the bar last night and called his bluff. Guess what...he wasn't bluffing! He showed me several movies he had downloaded and several episodes of "Lost" Its an app called LukLuk, but as with anything that pertains to ME, I'm a day late and a dollar short. It apears from the comments on the app that it USED to be the worlds greatest app, but last week they updated it, and now it stinks. I didn't have the heart to download it, as I wasn't prepared to be broken hearted if it does stink now. But, I gotta give it to me buddy, he wasn't blowing smoke, it looked legit. Also, he claimed that he has a HDMI cable that plugs into his mini usb port and right into his TV. So, take it for what its worth...I haven't tried it on my phone yet, but I did witness firsthand the full movies on his Droid!

MdicnMan

Reaction score
OK guys...I ran into my bud at the bar last night and called his bluff. Guess what...he wasn't bluffing! He showed me several movies he had downloaded and several episodes of "Lost" Its an app called LukLuk, but as with anything that pertains to ME, I'm a day late and a dollar short. It apears from the comments on the app that it USED to be the worlds greatest app, but last week they updated it, and now it stinks. I didn't have the heart to download it, as I wasn't prepared to be broken hearted if it does stink now. But, I gotta give it to me buddy, he wasn't blowing smoke, it looked legit. Also, he claimed that he has a HDMI cable that plugs into his mini usb port and right into his TV. So, take it for what its worth...I haven't tried it on my phone yet, but I did witness firsthand the full movies on his Droid!

I hate to be a nay sayer, but I am just not buying the miniUSB to HDMI thing. If I see it in the wild, I will be the first to eat crow, but I just don't think the hardware is there in the DROID.

E

EvilWays

I hate to be a nay sayer, but I am just not buying the miniUSB to HDMI thing. If I see it in the wild, I will be the first to eat crow, but I just don't think the hardware is there in the DROID.

+1. Like I said before USB to USB maybe, but that's a big fat hell no to USB to HDMI

OP
W

Whip

Reaction score
I haven't seen it in person either, so I don't know what to tell ya. I'll drop him an email and see if he can give me some input.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
In his defense, it could be possible....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What Am I missing here? This is an HDMI Cable and a Micro USB Card Reader.

Yeah, this is just two cables. I guess if you rubbed them together hard enough and made a wish on a star...

Not trying to make fun of anyone, just pointing out one of the many misconceptions of the engineering challenges that go into our favorite toys.

OP, I checked out your program, and it also does media stored on the SD card, are you sure this isnt what your friend was telling you about?

OP
W

Whip

Reaction score
LtKen....no, its definitly not just stuff he had on his SD card. He was able to download full movies. If you read the comments on the app page, it sounds like everyone was able to do that until recently.